Sore throat for year now

Posted , 4 users are following.

After high risk exposure I tested for hiv because I got rash at that time but results came back negative for multiple times .Tests were carried on hiv antibodies and antigen test .After one exact same date I became ill and my tongue became blurry white and throat become sore and multiple taste buds on tongue also swollen .Again I tested for hiv after 18 months of post exposure taste also came back negative .I have been to multiple doctors they gave me acid reflux medicine and for sore throat but it didn't work .Anyone is facing same problem or gone through with same issue please discuss with me .I want to know what's wrong with my body

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Me too!!! I've had white coated tongue and sore throat for a while now and i'm getting concerned. I haven't tested for HIV, but i'm pretty sure i don't have it. I might see a dentist soon so i will ask her about it (if it doesn't go away on its own by then).

Did the doctors check your tongue for bacteria? I think they can cause it too.

• Posted

It sounds like you have thrush in your mouth and down your throat.
    • Posted

How long you have white tongue?I tested for bacteria also it came back normal.Doctor thinks it's acid reflux or allergy but still he didn't able to figure out.

• Posted

I think you are right but I asked doctor is it thrush he said no it's just white tongue

• Posted

I think it's caused by GERD, but it's good to get it checked out to get other serious conditions ruled out.

I've had it for a few days now, but it's gotten a bit better, now it's only at the very back of my tongue.

If your doctor doesn't think that it's a big cause for concern then you shouldn't worry much about it. But i know how you feel - as soon as i get a new strange symptom i could connect to GERD i panic.

I hope you get it sorted out soon xx

Also do you know how to get rid of the thrush? I've never had that before

• Posted

Doctor put me on omeprazole tablets he thinks that it's due to acid reflux and there are multiple blood coated lines .Let's see. How long it takes to recovery

• Posted

Hi Ravi.  I can only speak about the sore throat.  I take Ranitidine (2  150 mg pills) before bedtime.   That works for me. I sleep on a 6-7" wedge - making sure that I get the elevation starting at my waist - and using pillows at the top of the wedge for my head support.  I have found that when I don't strictly do the correct elevation that I wake up with a sore throat.  I think the sore throat has to do more with not being elevated enough while you're sleeping. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.