Sore throat on one side for 2 weeks??? Scared

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi all! I went to the dr 5 days ago and started taking antibiotics (z pack) for a sore throat on one side (left) ) that I've had for 10 days straight. no other symptoms besides post nasal drip I feel in the back of my throat. no fevers. today was the last day of antibiotics and I still have pain in my left side. though its not as bad and feels like it's improving. it still hurts in my ear and when I yawn. even feels tender in that area when I smile. it's been distressing me as i also have a heath anxiety disorder. does this happen to people and should I be worried? thanks in advance!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

some times sour throat can last for 2 to 3 months if it due to viral infection which i had.

• Posted

oh wow. did it hurt to swallow on one side? sorry to hear you were in pain for that long!

• Posted

yes on the left side, i was reffered to ENT. They checked it and said nothing to worry about just a viral infection.

• Posted

wow. so sorry to hear. glad it cleared up. maybe thats what i have as well

• Posted

Yes but nothing find .I have severe sore throat but doesn't hurt

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.