Sore tongue

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have had a sore tongue for quite a few weeks. No apparent thrush. Tongue has a crater like appearance and  is a bit red. I am assuming it is the Pred. Has anyone had anything similar? If so how did you do to treat it. Thank you Kathy.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Kassiebeetle, I have had problems with mouth since being on Pred. I use a colloidal silver spray three times a day on tongue and any sore bits, works very well. Not got the white coated tongue and the craters seem better too. I did speak to my gp about it and he was happy with me treating it this way. I am on 20 mg Pred a day after a flare in June. I didn't have the dodgy mouth when I was on lower dose. Hope you get sorted.

• Posted

Thanks Sandy. I have not heard of the colloidal spray will have to look it up on Dr. Google. Sorry to hear about your flare I do hope that you get down to a lower dose using the slow methods previously discussed on this Forum. Cheers. Kath. 
  • Posted

ive had a sore tongue for 3 weeks nearly and ive seen a GP 5 times. bloods came back normal as they say and ive tried thrush treatment bonjela various mouthwashes nothing helps. I'm sick of going to a GP and a pharmacy they are all clueless x my tongue looks normal it feels liek ive burnt it but I've never had tongue pain for 3 weeks ever before all the GP keeps saying is that if it's still like it in 2 months go back its just a nightmare

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.