Sore Urethra

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there?, Does anyone suffer like me. I have a sore urethra but it's not there all the time. It comes and goes. Trouble is it seems to lead into urgency feelings that scare me to death. The urgency feelings are also in my urethra. So in the last year, I've been anxious about it and it has impacted on my life quite a lot because I have avoided going places or doing things. Does anyone else suffer like this or perhaps someone has overcome it? Thanks for reading this.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Dear Shirley

Are you going through the menopause?  If so you might need topical oestrogen.

• Posted

Hi Jean, Thanks for your reply. I went through the menapause 7 years ago. Then three years ago I started with? vaginal atrophy. Symptoms were vaginal soreness, bladder soreness, bladder pressure and bloating, frequency. It was hell. Doc gave me HRT cream and Vagifem. I used Vagifem for 6 months. Didn't really help so I then I tried the GYNEST cream for 6 months. That didn't help much either. So I just used VIT E Suppositories which only helped with the vaginal soreness as you can imagine. Anyway still in a bad state with? the frequency, pressure, bloating and bladder soreness etc, I had my right hip replaced on April 28th last year. Amazingly that took away all my symptoms other than the vaginal soreness. Needless to say, I can't answer that. However I also realised that my bladder was numb! So I have no, or very little bladder sensation. Don't know when my bladder is full and I have little or no urge sensation either. It was some time later that I noticed this urethral soreness that comes and goes. I can't understand why it seems to turn into feelings of urgency. I thought I would only ever feel those in my bladder, although my bladder is virtually numb now of course.

So I'm watching what I drink as well as the time as I don't want to end up with a full bladder in an urgency situation.

I have actually been back on GYNEST twice a week for about a month now but I can't see any difference yet. If only the soreness would stop coming, maybe the urgency sensations that seem to come from the soreness, would stop coming too.

Last time the Doc looked at me down below, she said everything looked fine. I told her to look at my urethra. She said there was no problem! So I don't know. All I do know is that I want the urgency feelings to stop coming. I just want to be back to who I was before all this started. Thanks for listening.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.