Sore vagina and rectum

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have a prolapsed bladder, an overactive bladder. I had PTNS which helped me tremendously. I get constipated often. Right now my vagina and rectum are extremely sore. I've been using a cream that I used when I had a yeast infection on my vagina and Vaseline on my rectum. I'm so uncomfortable.Should I see if it heals or go back to the gyn? Any suggestions or has anyone else had this problem. I'm so sick of going to doctors.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The Vaseline contains petroleum and is not useful. You can have mild inflammation and it is better to go to walking clinic for some prescription.

• Posted

It's not always a good idea to self-treat and ask on a forum! Your doctor should have a better idea of what is causing the soreness, even if you're sick of going there.

If you think it is another yeast infection then the same cream is fine but is it also in your rectum? You need to have this checked out.

While you wait for an appointment go to a supermarket and buy a jar of organic coconut oil - it's hard and white, in the cooking oil section. This is excellent for sore bits and will help calm the inflammation in both areas. You can use it anywhere, inside or out and it makes a great moisturiser, hand cream, sore skin treatment etc. It's also good for cooking but that's a different discussion!

Make an appointment!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.