sore vulva.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Would like to start riding my bicycle again as haven't ridden it for a year as worried I will get a flare up down below, wondered if anyone knows if you can get a a special saddle so it doesn't rub please.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi ,  it's important to wear good women's licra shorts , it's important to wear them without underwear as that would chafe, they are padded and comfortable.

Selle SMP saddle is what I use, it sounds odd but it's important not to have too wide or too soft a saddle as this can chafe.  Your sit bones the extended bits on the bottom of the hips want to be on the back of the saddle then the rest of you should be comfy.

Aselle ladies saddle Selle SMP lady 177mm  may suit you if you can find one in a shop to try it might work for you, it looks odd but is actually designed for comfort and support.

I have Lichen Sclorosis, and LP so can empathise with you.  I'm starting today on a diet especially for Auto immune disorders it's very like Paleo.

Catharine.

• Posted

Hi Catherine,

What exactly is the diet? Do you research it? I would be interested to know.

• Posted

Hi,

The book "  A Simple Guide to the Paleo Autoimmune Protocol " by Eileen Laird is a very good book to start with.

There are more scientific books ,but as a second excellent book if you would like good recipies to make life easier.   The healing kitchen by Saraha Ballantine ( Scientist ) and Aleana Haber ( cook ) is a good explanation and recipie book.

All the authors have Autoimmune Dissorders.

Good reading.

Catharine .  

• Posted

I'm sure you can get ladies saddles with a hole in the middle which would be perfect I think.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.