sore vulva

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, was told by doctor on monday to put Dermovate on my vulva area, then once its soaked in  to put on hydromol, should i be putting hydromol on neat without mixing it with water first, i have found that the dermovate doesn,t annoy it but the hydromol does irritate a bit,

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I'm familiar with the use of the steroid cream and use as little as possible.  With using baking soda and borax rinses and baths it is only very occasionally necessary to use a tiny bit of sterioid cream (globetasol/dermovate) 

?If hydromol irritates, perhaps it is the skin telling you not to use it. 

?Have you looked or tried baking soda already?  (I know that it is hard to purchase borax in England) ( I'm from Canada)  It is all I cleanse myself with.

• Posted

Thank you for replying, i have not been diagnosed with LS yet going back to see gyno at vulva clinic 15th may.. last may 2016, i thought i was having a herpes attack, and went to the VD clinic, the doctor there said it wasnt herpes it was lichen planus, but the gyno at hospital didnt think it was, she said when she sees me on the 15th she will probaly do a biopsy., i dont get the itching its really red and i get lisions which split open, very sore, i have been putting dermovate on twice a day morning & night and it seems to have eased it, but when i put the hydromol on it feels irritated, take care x

• Posted

Hi I have bought borax from ebay (UK).

"99.9% 20 Mule team"

Maggie x 🌸

• Posted

And best of luck Chin my.maggie
    • Posted

So sorry, this stood autocorrect! Meant to say Chinney
    • Posted

Thank you, i am just putting dermovate on till its settled down, was putting hydromol on , but i felt it irritated more, will look on ebay about borax, thanx, hope your ok. take care x
    • Posted

This tablet likes to call you Chimney! x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.