sore vulva

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, i am waiting to go back to vulva clinic the 15th this month, went there in november last year,. a doctor thought i had lichen planus, but the gyno at hospital didnt think it was, and when  i saw her it was clear , i did show her a picture of what it was like, a week and a half ago , my vulva was really soar,  then i got a lesion which was very painful, i,ve not had any itching, after seeing 3 different doctors at surgery, got perscribed dermovate, which seemed to ease it, but today its really sore again, i didnt put so much dermovate on early this morning as im not sure how much of the cream you are suppose to put on, on the enclosed leaflet it saids how much for everywhere else apart from the vulva, any advise would be appreciated. thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,  I have lichen sclorosis and lichen Planus, what you describe sounds like it may be lichen sclorosis .  The treatment is Dermovate.  A small pea size amount is what I was told to apply and I was told to use it every day for one month then as needed .

i hope this may be information you can ask Gynea about.

Catharine.

• Posted

I was prescibed deromvate as well. Seems to be main" weapon" against this awful problem. I was advised by my hospital that the best approach with a flare up is to hit it hard and then gradually reduce the usage. Twice a day for up to 3 weeks and then on a reducing scale. Once a day for a further week, then every other day for a week and then maybe twice a week to finish off. It does work for me but I do think it's very much down to your own body chemistry, so good luck finding what works for you! 

• Posted

Hi, you only use a very small amount, that's the advice when I saw my dermatologist with the same problem as yourself, and only when really needed as it's a potent cream.

• Posted

I have OLP and vulvar lichen sclerosis.  I was diagnosed with lichen sclerosis first.  It was misdiagnosed as yeast at first.  What you have sounds like sclerosis to me too.  I was prescribed Clobetosol ointment.  Don't know if that is the same as what others have been prescribed.  It works for me.  Seems like both diseases have flare ups.  When my LS acts up I do like someone else said, hit it hard for the first few days and then just as needed.  When I was first diagnosed, I didnt use much because of something I read, but I've learned it takes a little bit more during a flare up.  

The oral lichen planus has been harder to treat.  I was living on yogurt for awhile, but it has gotten better (or I'm just getting used to the pain).  I'm still looking for something I could treat the lesions on my tongue with.  My doctor prescribed this horrible grainy paste that was too hard to use.  I'm wondering if I could use the Clobetasol orally too.  Hope you get a difinitive diagnosis soon.  Unfortunately, I think the only way to diagnose the LS is with a biopsy.  I didn't care much for that sad  , but it was bearable.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.