soreness

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, i have had this for some time now. I was infected with herpes many years ago. Last year i thought i was having an attack of herpes,went to clinic to get the tablet and was told it wasnt herpes, he said it was lichen planus, however seeing the doctor follwed by seeing my consultant who didnt think it was, she gave me hydromal as other ointments irritated it, but so does that irritate it, im seeing consultant end of  may, she said last time she would probaly do a biopsy. I get soreness and sometimes a little white discharge, and grazes , i dont get it all the while. Also im post menoporsal,    Thanx for you time,

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chinney,

do you have any white areas that are LS?  Have you had the cotton bud test it's due you have posted identical post to me when I was at the start of this journey.  Like you about thirty two years ago I either had herpes or something the drs then gave me stuff to clear it up and I thought it maybe had been re ignited so to speak when I had the Vulvar biopsy done but it wasn't that.  If you are menopausal it may be due to lack of hormone as your skin sounds identical.  The cotton bud test is to determine vestibulardynia. Have you been on vagifem at all?  I did lots ofresearch and the atrophy we suffer with causes cuts, soreness, ulceration and really sore at the fourchette area.    I think we can have a few things going on at the same time.  I got some of the hydromol but I found it a bit heavy so I got Yes off the internet.  I've had to put  clob on though as I noticed next to clitoris starting up again.  You'll find loads of help on here and won't feel so alone x

• Posted

Hi, i sometimes get a bit of white discharge at the top end. what is the cotton bud test ? thank you for your reply x
    • Posted

sorry what is clob x
    • Posted

There is some white areas, i havent been diagnosed with LS, i typed my symptons in and it came up with LS. x
    • Posted

Hi chinney.

its were the dr gently touching the soreness to see if it is painful as the slightest touch with vestibulardynia is so painful like a needle.  At least if you know about these things you can remember for future dr visits.  I hadn't heard of this either but couldn't believe the pain.  

• Posted

Thank you, got to see the consultant again  at hospital the  25th may. x
    • Posted

Clob is short for clobetasol or the other name Dermovate steroid cream or ointment. X
    • Posted

The doctor gave me a couple of creams which both irritated it, the hospital consultant gave me hydromol, but that seemed to irritate it too x

• Posted

one of the ointment the dr gave me was Mometasone 1% it made it worse xx
  • Posted

Best thing, I think, you can do is sit in either a baking soda bath or borax bath.  See the discussion "An Experiment with Borax."

• Posted

just checked out borax bath and to be honest  i dont think you should use it think it could cause harm  . its not been proven yet. x

• Posted

There are many, many women on here who have found great relief and healing with the Borax treatment.  That should be proof enough.
    • Posted

I Didnt mean to offend you, it said on the website that it hadnt been clinically proven, i appreciate ur input. x

• Posted

Hi Chinney,

No offense taken, my friend.  I was just trying to point out that Borax does help.  There won't be any clinical trials on it because it is a natural remedy.  Pharmaceutical companies have to pay huge sums of money to conduct clinical trials, in order to sell their drugs.  So no one is going to spend a small fortune to clinically prove something that won't bring them any monetary gain.  We are so lucky that the wonderful women on this site are willing to share their tips and success stories.  It makes me sad when I think of all the women who have suffered silently with this before the Internet was invented.  We are truly blessed.

• Posted

I haven't been diagnosed with LS, Seeing the gyno consultant again the end of may, she gave me hydromel ointment which. when I put it on it felt as though it was irritating it more, I used an haiir remover down below last week and I think it probably irritated it and started the flare up, my symptoms are the same as most ladies on this site, at the vulva clinic last time she said she would probably do a biopsy. Thanks you for your time xx

• Posted

Hi Chinney,  I was diagnosed without a biopsy because my doctor could see the LS very clearly.  I never took steroids, but some people prefer them.  Others have bad reactions to them.  Oddly enough, even plain old soap can be an irritant.  We all react differently, but I've found that the baking soda baths and borax treatments really calmed things down for me, and began the unfusing process.  That was a miracle because I didn't know I could get back the tissues that had disappeared.  But it took months before I saw the beginnings of unfusing.  Also, keeping well moisturized with coconout oil, or emu oil was really helpfu.  It involves a lot of experimenting, to see what works, and then some oils need to be rotated after awhile with different oils.  Good luck with your visit to the vulva clinic!

• Posted

Hi, thank you for replying. It all started last may, I thought I was having an herpes attack, and as it was on a weekend I went to (I cash ) which is a vd clinic. The doctor there said it wasn't herpes it was lichen planus,, which makes me wonder the previous year I kept getting herpes attacks it could have been this, however when I saw the vulva clinic in November last year she didn't think it was, I had took a photo of it on my phone to show her., she said when I go the 25th may she might do a biopsy, I have been putting sudocream on it. x

• Posted

Hi Chinney,

That’s so frustrating when you’re not sure what it is you’re dealing with.  Apparently, many doctors are not that familiar with LS, and the ones that are can be dismissive.  I know mine was.  I’m not certain how to deal with lichen planus, but others on this site have mentioned having it.  Hopefully they will share their tips.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.