Soreness under left armpit

Posted , 7 users are following.

Anyone in perimenopause experience a soreness under armpit? No swelling just feels sore to touch. It originally started after ovulation then subsided at menstruation but now it is there before ovu. 3D Mammogram found nothing. I am wondering if this is going to be one of those odd peri symptoms unique to me or could it have sonething to do with acid reflux?

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Edited

I have this. I've had 2 ultrasounds and 2 mammograms and both show only a slightly enlarged lymph node. The surgeon also said it is very common for women to have ancillary breast tissue in the arm pit and any hormonal changes can cause tenderness and swelling there just like in the breast.

I've had this for over 2 years now. When I touch it, it is always a little tender no matter what time of the month. Around ovulation and period time it is very tender. I often feel it even just moving my arm during those two times of the month.

At this point, I've stopped worrying about it; if it was going to kill me, it already would have. :-\

• Edited

Hi Sarah, I have the soreness under my left armpit also, it started last month and do have it again now.. This is a new one for me, wondering if it could be a swollen painful lymph node since its cold and flu season, Not sure but I have it..

• Edited

My lymph nodes never swelled but the soreness is definitely in the node areas. Looks like this may be common. Relief!

• Edited

I also noticed this odd pain when touched today. I was of course thinking the worst and googled signs of heart attack and what not. This kind of pain in armpit (mianly in left side) I've had a few times before.

As i no longer have regular periods (had last one one in Sept and that was after almost 9 months gap), so I dont know if I can connect it to ovulation. But any and all "new" and recurring old symptoms are driving me crazy.

In a way, it feels good that Im not the only crazy one having all kinds of aches, pains, panics....

Hang in there lovely ladies!

• Posted

That was the first thing my doc checked, my heart. Ekg was normal. Mine has come and gone now since end of Aug. I am 47 so think it may be hormonal change?

• Posted

Def hormonal change. Im 51 and had gone through several meno / peri symptoms without having any idea that the panic / anxiety that I was experiencing could be menopause related. I thought it was more like a mid-life crisis.

It was just by chance that I googled menopause and got all the info regarding hormones and their impact on every second of our lives. Now Im a little bit more wiser and at the same time easily spooked for all real n imaginary issues, but then what other option do we have?

I come here often to get answers and get some relief. For example, earlier today the pain in left armpit 😃

Hoping for pain/symptom free holidays....

• Edited

Prat

Did you try anti anxiety meds for peri? I am considering it.

• Posted

No Sarah, I did not. I was not even sure that it was peri related. I just thought that I was going crazy. Im usually a very practical and strong person, and the panic / anxiety was (still is) totally new to me. But atleast I know why I feel it.

For me currently the major issue is insomnia coupled with all the pains and aches. Its driving me nuts.

• Posted

It is breast tissues that is sometimes found in the armpits. I have puffy breast tissue under my arms. When they do my mammograms they always have to check under my arms too because there's breast tissue there. I get the soreness under there too around my period.

• Posted

hi Sarah

I've had this since last year! My armpits aches one day and I found two small lumps that hurt. Have had two breast check mammogram ultrasound etc. The lumps were superficial. But I cont stand the pain. I feel like I've done weights! It's worse time of my period too.

• Posted

I've finally found a forum describing my current situation! It really helps with stress. I first experienced this pain back in July. I was convinced it was something life threatening. Had a full blood panel and examined by my doc. Nothing there.

I was late for my cycle in July and as soon as I got it the pain left as mysteriously as it arrived Then I've since felt it every few months or so before my cycle. I'm 40 btw. I'm going to keep an eye of course, but it's reassuring knowing I'm not alone

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.