Sores?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had LS for about 8 months and am on a regimen of Clobetasol. Recently I noticed that I've been getting a few sores or blisters on and around my genitalia. They don't look like herpes blisters--they're fairly large and aren't open sores. Is this a common symptom? Or could something else God forbid be wrong down there? Has anyone else had this experience?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I should add that these (I currently have two of them) are painful to the touch and solid--they don't seem to be filled with pus or anything. And they are rather large--not small and clustered as herpes sores are described. Sorry to be so graphic--I just need some advice.
  • Posted

Yes i have had these blisters and sores i was mortified when my gp tested for herpes, even though deep down i knew it was unlikely i have been happily married for nearly 40 years.  The test came back negative and the sores healed after having a salt bath everyday for a week.   Hope this reassures you a little.
    • Posted

Thank you! I'm so worried. I've been looking up everything from herpes to bartholin cysts.
  • Posted

I just remembered. I had those sores occasionally thru the years. I think my doc felt they were infected hair follicles. Funny... Don't have a problem with them anymore. Maybe it was an LS issue. This was before diagnosis. They seemed to run their course and go away on their own.
    • Posted

And I never noticed them opening and draining outwardly. Just disappeared.
  • Posted

You mean like a hard bump? I've had many. Usually along my panty line. Often they drained. I do think they're ingrown hairs – maybe our crappy LS skin is more vulnerable to this problem. I used to get them as a teenager. I quietly feared I was going to die of cancer.
    • Posted

There's one on my vagina too, otherwise I would have attributed it to an ingrown hair or something.
    • Posted

Then it seems like you should see your gynaecologist. I have a whole series of hard yellowish bumps just inside my vagina. Like lumps of chicken fat, but stiff. My gynae said it's just age and she sees them all the time. But I'm 64.
    • Posted

Yes, I do plan on going back to the gynecologist now that I have decent health insurance again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.