Sores in mouth. Caused by HPV or just canker sores?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. So ive been going through a decent amount of health issues. Im on this topic because i have had repeated mouth sores in the same spot under my lip for going on 4 months. I haven't noticed any type of pain on the sores, they have returned probably around 10 times in the last 4 months and normally last from 1-10 days. They seem to return in the exact same spot every time and potentially spreading to the top because a few of the times i have noticed the sores are in the same location on top and bottom and touch when my mouth is closed. I was concerned it was a STD at first but have tested for everything other then HPV. Does anyone know what these could be? Possible hpv? Or is it canker sores or another sore i dont know about?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

here is another photo from a different date when i had some

• Posted

hi. so you think its normal for canker sores to return in the same exact spot? I was trying to read about other cases of canker sores but cant find anyone who is having them so frequently and in the same exact spot. Also i have no pain with the sores so i just wanted to be sure. I wasnt thinking it was Herpes tho, I have had every STD test including herpes in which came back negative. However i didnt have any test for HPV ( or Gential warts) . I have read that there is oral HPV so i just wanted to make sure this wasnt anything in that nature.

• Posted

are yours painful at all? mine dont seem to have any pain and come and go very quickly, like within days. So you think these are normal canker sores?

• Posted

not really unless i on accident bite where its at and mine lasts about 4 /5 days if that .. and im not sure what causes frequent canker sores though

• Posted

I get them all the time and usually in the same spot. pain can range for me.

• Posted

Hi. So about 7 months ago i was in the hospital for a GI bleed and they discovered 2 ulcers and that i had gastritis. Do you think this could be the cause of the current sores then?

• Posted

possibly. definitely see a gastroenterologist for confirmation on your condition. 😃

• Posted

Thats who i was seeing who discovered the ulcers and gastritis with a colonoscopy and upper scope. Had me taking Chrons medicine for a few weeks but it wasnt helping so i stopped and am on a balanced diet now. Just concerned because of the recurring mouth sores and urethral issues

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.