Sores on breasts

Posted , 4 users are following.

imageI got a sore about a week ago and now it's getting worse and more are forming. I have a very tender spot on my lower breast. this breast feels very heavy and I'm having a constant neck/shoulder pain that wont go away. should I be concerned? image

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You need to get checked out right away. Anything that seems odd or strange with breast tissue is a cue to go to the doctors. It may be something like an infection that can easily be cleared up, but it is important for you to see your doctor ASAP.

• Posted

Hi - not sure if this is helpful but I have been having the same thing. Last week, I got a routine mammo and ultrasound and they have identified two hypoechoic lesions on both breasts. To be clear, both breasts have been hurting. I also have experienced a weird feeling of engorgement even though I stopped breastfeeding for almost two years. I too am also experiencing shoulder and back pain on my right side but not sure if these two things are unrelated.

I have a targeted u/s in a few weeks. Last summer, I had no pain but had a surprise u/s finding which led to an excisional biopsy which pathologically was defined as a radial scar with microcalfications seen but it did r/o carcinoma. I do have fibrocystic breasts if I recall correctly. And my mother has breast cancer so all of this is a little jarring.

Have you gotten a routine mammo done? If you have dense breasts (like me) you may want to get an ultrasound too. If it is fibrocystic breasts not much can be done. But if it is a constant pain and unusual for your cycle, definitely see a doc.

• Posted

You should be concerned, your case particularly is a case that heals over time. Just make sue you put ointment on that cut. Try TCP or you could try salt, but salt on the breasts will cause temporary pain. Time heals.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.