Sores on hard palate.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

For about 2 days now i have very painful blisters on the hard roof of my mouth. It's difficult to eat and swallow. I am attaching picture and i beg for advice. Do you think it's just canker sore or something more serious? I am currently traveling and don't have access to doctor. Any advice on how to treat this is highly apriciated! I am 28 years old male. image

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes I think so. I have Behcet's disease and canker sores are a feature and they can look like that and appear on the roof of the mouth. There is a mouthwash which works wonders which you can buy. I will check what it is called and let you know.

• Posted

Yes I think so. I have Behcet's disease and canker sores are a feature and they can look like that and appear on the roof of the mouth. There is a mouthwash which works wonders which you can buy. I will check what it is called and let you know.

• Posted

• Posted

Thank you for the reply Margaret! Everything that can help this go away would be great. 😃 How did you diagnose your Behcet's disease? I just checked more about it and i actually have a lot of the symptoms related with it.

• Posted

hi, sorry for all the replies. The site wasn't working for me properly on my phone!

Ok so took a long time because symptoms are so disparate.. it's a systemic disease so affects in lots of different ways. You need someone who will tie all the symptoms together and get there. I saw an immunologist but the other way to go about it is via a rheumatologist. I saw a good one here in London because of my joint paint (I had arthralgia). She recognised I had an underlying inflammatory disorder and referred me on. Initially saw an oral immunologist because of dry mouth and ulcers. She thought I may have Sjogren's syndrome which was ruled out. Then I saw an immunologist and she was the one who diagnosed me after a year of attending clinic.

Hints in your blood work ana esr and crp can all be indicators. They are generally raised but not always even if you have disease. So difficult. Some people wait for years for a diagnosis.

There is also a gene test but even then not everyone tests positive HBLA something or other. Anyway, will get back shortly about the treatment for the ulcers. And though this may sound crazy....one of the best treatments is to get a steroid asthma inhaler but to not inhale just spray over the ulcers. Gets rid of them in about 24 hours. Failing that there are mouth washes for it.

• Posted

Difflam mouthwash or anbesol liquid is being recommended by my help group online. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.