sorry !!

Posted , 9 users are following.

just posting as i feel really alone. i have nit much new to say that i have not already said in the past just lonely as usual. had a few drinks tonight to help pass the time. life can be  craw some times eh.

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

join a church
    • Posted

don't believe in imaginary man in the sky, just an other form of controll
    • Posted

Hi remember

sorry to hear you are feeling so low. Also sorry to hear you have no faith in god. You mentioned another form of control. I would say another form of love. I prayed so hard when I became ill...god seemed not to answer my prayers or stop my suffering. But then I reflected on my prayers and realised I had been heard and certain prayers were definitely answered. I am still not well but I know God is with me. Think about the people on this forum. .strangers who are very unwell who muster up the strength to help others here who are unwell. I know 100% they are helping god do his work.

I am not trying to make you believe in God. ..but look around you...you can see god through people the world over.

i know you feel alone but i promise you no one is truly alone in this world. We feel alone, anxious, hopless and believe we won't get better. ...that's our illness and you will recover. This illness has taught me so much, I never understood the true meaning of suffering until this illness came along..I still pray for recovery but in the meantime I lean on this forum where i know god is working through others here.

whatever your beliefs. .i really hope you start feeling better soon..as who knows what lovely things could be just around the corner for you xxxx

• Posted

So the drink did more harm than good , do you drink often ?

I feel for you , we are pretty much in the same boat on here . X

• Posted

Hi remember, my last depression I was drinking through it, made me feel much worse and took longer to get back in control. Staying clear this time. I know how u feel being lonely, I've a family but still feel isolated and alone at times. Keep fighting 👍
  • Posted

Yes love. Life can be cruel sometimes. Sooo cruel. A few drinks at night will do you the world of good. It helps and obviously gives you something to look forward to. Keep strong love and God Bless <3>
  • Posted

Hi Remember, bummer about feeling lonely hang in there it does get better you just have to stay positive as hard as that is! Make sure you keep your mind from wandering into dark thoughts keep busy exercise? music movies puzzles whatever you enjoy this is the time to embrace it! Are you being medicated for depression? Go easy on the liqour as that is a depressant too smile
  • Posted

I understand lonliness myself. What i find is that nothing or nobody comes to you, we have to do something ourselves. Most areas have meetup groups for all ages and likes and dislikes. I joined one last year and now i host sometimes. I have met people from all walks of life. I struggle with depression and anxiety but i push myself. I am also partially disabled and don't drive so as you can imagine it is a challenge for me. I only go out daytime because of public transport. I recently put on a vegetarian restaurant and everybody enjoyed it, we usually have about 6 attend which is ideal for me. Lorraine mentioned that god works through others and as a christian myself i can say this is true. I can also say that some churches have coffee and cake days. You don't need to be a christian to go and you would be surprised at how many people you meet who may be suffering like yourself. I don't like to get close to people so i find these type of groups better as you have a couple of hours meeting others and then go on your way home. I do crave company and would love companionship with someone special but i don't think this will ever happen for me now at my age. If you want your life to change only you can do that, nobody can do this for you. You never know who you may meet, it could change your life forever. I decided that i could either sit at home all day alone or do something about it. I struggle to walk now so while i can still get about, i intend to. Look up local groups now, there are groups for meeting in pubs, cafes, walking, quizzes, boardgames, holidays, specific hobbies, even introverts have groups, people with depression etc. I personally stay away from depression groups, i would rather meet in other groups where people don't talk about their problems, that way you can enjoy a few hours. I don't mention my depression. I still get lonely as that is about how i feel, but making the effort to get out helps.  I am not currently attending church so i have had to find ways to cope. Hope this helps in some small way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.