Sorry

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi this has probably been discussed before.  I work on ships and my rotation is 4 wks on and 4wks off.  I used to only smoke when I was away but now I am smoking at home also.  I have seen hypnotherapists and have curently stopped for fours weeks however I am still dying for a ciggy.  I am due back to work in four days and am not sure I have neough willpower not to smoke.  I want to but its soooooo difficult. Any coping strategies would be wlecomed. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I purchased an electric cig. when I quit before it really helped. I have another when I am ready to stop again. I also find it helps to do a bit of exercise, take a hot bath, eat citrus. I have also heard that if you get zink losenges and suck on them the cigs tast worse than what they really do smile
    • Posted

Thanks Sue.  Citrus is a good idea and easy.  Suppose its got something to do with the Vit C.

• Posted

I stopped with champix tablets, but you have come so far its probably not work it.yes, why not try an ecig or vapouriser, although you are back to nicotine. Still better than undoing all your good work and going back to the cigs. Think of diversions for yourself , be kind to yourself, think of your health, money , how much your lungs are loving you, how good you and your breath smell. Good luck!
    • Posted

I purchased a vapour cig that had no nicotine or tar from a gas station for about $10.00 when I quit last time. I picked up another for when I  quit this time 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.