Sorry, disgusting poop… Pain & diarrhoea!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

I already saw a doctor in Holland, but have the impression they sent me home without examining carefully.

I’m beginning 30 and normally don’t have ANY health issues (which I am very grateful for). However, since 2.5 months ago every day I have diarrhoea. Sometimes very watery, sometimes not – but never solid. Sometimes I am an hour late in the office because it just doesn’t stop. Throughout the whole day, severe stomach/intestine/? cramps every now and then. Sometimes I can’t even just walk the small bit between the parking place and the office because it just hurts and I need to rest. The pain is always on my left side, never on the right. Sometimes higher, sometimes lower.

The docs tested very few standard things and found Giardia. What changed after 10 days of antibiotics: absolutely nothing. Now they say, hey, just wait another month or two – it will stop eventually naturally.

If that’s so: Great, perfect, that’s a foreseeable timeframe. But maybe I also have something else?! Please have a look at the pictures of this morning… What the heck is that slimey stuff around my …?

It began in South East Asia, where I was very careful about food and water hygiene, but honestly also had some sexual encounters which I am not sure if this may have anything to do with or not.

Thank you.

Daniela

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Daniela

You need to look on your food habits along with medication. Avoid food which increases load to your stomach like.. raw vegetables, junk foods, dairy. etc. Add pro biotics like yogurt and buttermilk.

Did you test your blood for aby std's ?

• Posted

Thank you Rihanna. I will look into my diet. Would be amazing if it's that "simple"!

I tested for HIV antibodies and antigenes which is fine. Which other STD's do you recommend to test for?

Thanks!

• Posted

Hi Daniela,

Good that you tested hiv and it is negative.

How was sexual encounter is it protected? Note that hiv test window period is 3 months.

Other test you may consider doing is hcv, hsv, syphilis, Hbsag. Also check for parasites and h pylori.

But I would recommend you to speak to Dr. And tell about the sexual encounter he will suggest the test.

• Posted

if you have gardia then you need anti parasitic medication not antibiotics. go back to the doctor and get more tests for other parasites given your travel history.
  • Posted

Hi Daniela.

How are you doing now?

• Posted

Hi Rihanna, Thank you for caring!

I went to the doc again and provided them with all the tips and comments from here. But they keep saying I am making myself crazy and its nothing.

Today I had these 2 things in my "toilet product". They are sized like sesame seeds, but hard as stones. Anyone an idea what this is? The shape is very distinct, but I have no clue what it is.

I had this the last couple of days already I think, but never "fished" it out before today.

Daniela

• Posted

Hi Daniela

Sorry I don't know what it is. It seems like shells of ground nut. 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.