sorry for all the questions but my mind is buzzing

Posted , 4 users are following.

this is my third quesion tonight - does anyine find that eating healthly makes a difference to their anxiety - obviously as a rule we should eat healthy etc anyway but does it really help with it? i feel tired alot and am not the best eater in the world lol x

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

yes, yes! i definitely do. i take some supplements and avoid caffeine. sparingly drink alcohol. healthy, immunity boosting foods make me feel generally better and then, better able to cope when i have anxiety flare ups.
    • Posted

can i ask what sort of thing you eat please - i did do slimming wordl lost 2 and a half stone but put a stone back on but find it so expensive trying to have everything healthy in x

• Posted

veggies, fruit, nuts, eggs, spinach, yoghurt. i don't eat meat - for 24 years now - but put good iron back into my system with lentils, chickpeas, etc. as many whole foods as i can. dark chocolate sometimes. avocado - healthy fats, mostly polyunsaturated. i limit sugar. i drink lots of water and unsweetened drinks. i think the up and down with sugar highs takes too much energy out of me. what is slimming world?
    • Posted

oh right. i'm in switzerland - don't have that here! in any case, good luck to you both with slimming world and with finding an affordable healthy diet!
  • Posted

Iv been on slimming world 9 months now and had anxiety 3 months. My therapist has told me she thinks the diet has contributed to me feeling ill even tho dlimming world is a balanced diet. She said with anxiety ur body uses alot of energy and on any diet u restrict the energy u feed ur body. Shes asked me to take 2 weeks off and eat every 2-3 hours 3 main meals 3 snacks in between (which cant b fruit) and something before bed or a hot chocolate. Iv been doing as shes asked since thursday and i feel so much better. No dizziness no lightheaded no muscle pain and alot more energy x
    • Posted

ahh thats interesting then, i have noticed before i feel better eating little and often but that was always difficult whilst trying to stick 100% to slimming world. so basically still eating healthy just in the way you have put above - like wasnt good for me i had a small bowl cereal for breakfast before i went to work i try to have something to help as thats when i take my meds then i had pasta for tea and thats all i have had x
    • Posted

I still try and stick to slimming world with my main meals because i no its pretty balanced but in between ive been having belvita breakfast biscuits if im at work as they are sloe releasing energy which is what shes told me to get. If im at home ill have a riveta an cream cheese or something. So today ive had shreddies for breakfast at 6am then at 9am i had a belvita pack then 12 i had a tuna pasta salad, 3pm i had more belvitas (been at work so its easy) then i had dinner at 6pm chicken salad and slimming wirld chips. Im not hungry now so will probably just have a warm drink before bed x
    • Posted

right ok i get it, does the belvita effect your weight loss ? x
    • Posted

Yea it has done 😣 iv put on this week for the first time and iv lost 5.5 stone. But to be honest the way i was feeling before im not bothered. Like my husband said this morning just having his wife back is more than he could ever want. Ive felt so ill and miserable the last few months. Iv been in bed with the kids most nights it asleep on the sofa. I was moaning everyday that my muscles hurt my chest shoulders back and neck hurt. Ive been at the doctors every week ive had blood tests chest xrays everything. My therapist said when tou dont give your body the right amount of slow releasing energy/protein u loose energy, your body naturaly then turns to ur muscles as a source of protein, (hense all the pain and the weakness) she also said ur blood sugars drop which is y u shake and go lightheaded. I would rather be a little overweight and enjoy my life than feel the way x
    • Posted

totally agree with you, well thankyou for the advice i will be following this from tomorrow many many thanks xx

• Posted

For me making a conscious decision to partake in healthy eating can be a big trigger for anxiety, it's very frustrating but I know that lots of people feel that it helps them/even cures them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.