Sorry - I'm back........

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have given this a lot of thought and finally decided not to leave.

Sorry, everyone who was hoping they'd got rid of me.

Only kidding. As it happens, loads of people PM'd me and were very helpful and supportive.

And another thing - my husband hasn't been drunk for a fortnight!!!!!

Oh, and I'm almost at five weeks without fags.

1 like, 52 replies

52 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Glad you're staying Tess. You're doing so well. If you husband has the odd blip, praying he won't, we are all here to give help and advice. Keep going with the malt loafs 👫🍞xx
    • Posted

If you promise not to tell Misssy, I did eat some malt loaf yesterday.

Thanks for your support pf.   Lots of love

• Posted

Nothing wrong with that. Love it soreen with loads of butter xx
  • Posted

Hi Tess.  I hope all is well with you, today.  I bought two malt loaves yesterday... and thought of you !  Yum, yum !!

Lots of Love to you, my friend.

From Angel. XX 👭

• Posted

It was the ones with fruit in them.  Is that your "loaf of choice" ?
    • Posted

Definitey!!!!   By the way, a friend called me today who was very distressed.  See PM
  • Posted

The  only med the paramedics didn't take was Lactulose. I quite like the taste..lol !!! X
    • Posted

Weird ADE. I was going to suggest that..great minds think alike!!!!
    • Posted

I haven't seen it in the shops, and any malt loaf in this house gets eaten by MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
    • Posted

Oh................................... and terrible confessions here..................yesterday I bought two malt loaves and as you see from an earlier post, I ate one all to myself.

Got up in the night...................and ate the other one. Every bit. This is very annoying because now I'll have to schlepp down to the shops again. Perhaps I should buy them 12 at a time?

• Posted

What is this obsession with malf loaf?? never tied it...Iceland (supermariet) has raisin bread with cinnamon and THAT I FANCY...sorry to divert...Robin
    • Posted

Alonangel and paper fairy are also devotees of this. The brand name is Soreen and all three of us are capable of eating a whole malt loaf, sliced with butter, plus a milk shake. This has nothing to do with this thread, except that it's become a bye-word between many of the women on this site. Misssy has told me in no uncertain terms to eat more healthy food, and I have started to do so. You can get it only in the giant supermarkets. Oh, I seem to remember RHGB saying he DIDN'T like it. Actually, it IS related to addiction - lots of people swap addictions. I had started to comfort-eat as my diazepam tapering continued on its downward spiral. This is not healthy, of course, but occasional treats are ok. Moral of this story is to try to eat healthily and not to eat malt loaf to the exclusion of other foods. Otherwise you're just getting addicted to malt loaf. But try it, Robin, and tell us what you think.
    • Posted

Just noticed Vickylou likes it, too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.