Sorry I've been quiet - been away!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm sorry if anyone thinks I've been ignoring them, I truly haven't & wouldn't...I've been away with no online access. It's amazing, I'd forgotten what life is like without technology!!!

How are you all? How are you doing?

I do not understand these pills at all & I'm sorry if this infuriates anyone. I have basically eaten/drunk what I like since Friday - sausage & bacon, pizza, Chinese, full roast (incl.honeyed parsnips & Yorkshire pud), desserts & booze not to mention sweets & chocolate. I kept taking the pills & admittedly, stomach-wise, its not been pretty & I had to have a loo nearby at all times which I could easily spend half an hour in there each time (sorry TMI) but I still expected a gain. I don't want to do this again cos I feel dreadful - sluggish, lethargic, water retention in my legs is back so much as I enjoyed at the time tucking in like everyone else physically I feel worse than ever. Result on the scale? I've lost 4lbs! But how? I just don't get it!!!

I'm going to try something different this week as I spotted a box of 14 celebrity slim shakes in boots earlier for £3.50 so that's a week's worth of x2 shakes a day which you have with x3 healthy snacks & x1 healthy meal. So, let's see what happens. If I lose another 4lbs that will total 2st in 6 weeks!!!

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

how the hell did that happen - i gained 0.5lbs last week being good as gold just had a bit of chocolate one night! lol well done
    • Posted

I honestly have no idea why I had the result I did but wanted to be honest rather than pretend I'd done everything as I should & had a great loss. I do wonder if mixing things up so your body has to work harder & doesn't get complacent is a good thing but I just don't know.

Are you counting calls or following a plan like SW or WW? I used to be part of a WW social team & weighed people each week at class so had to give advice etc. I wonder if you're eating enough? Of the right stuff though! I always have found that the more I eat the more I lose for some reason xx

• Posted

Hi Kath Hope you had a nice time you making me hungry lol.i look at what people eat n think I'm eating half of there in take aday n they like loosing 7.9 lb week I'm loosing 1.2 lb week so then I think do i eat more then if I do i feel guilty so sticking to my deutsch as got weigh in on Monday but is thinking of trying somthing diffrent maybe using my intake see how I go keep us up dated love hearing the difference between us all xxx

• Posted

Hiya, see what I've responded to Leah above about eating more.

Are you doing it I your own or going to a class etc? Xx

• Posted

I don't understand them either when you stick to low fat and you loose less weight?

• Posted

I just don't know Sue I was gobsmacked & still am but like I replied to Leah above I couldn't not be honest with you all & pretend I'd been really good when I hadn't.

I bet next week I catch up!

How are you doing? What's your plan, remind me?!! Xx

• Posted

I'm counting calories this week I upped them as I really struggle on 1400 so upped them to 1600 as I do exercise too I do 3 body combat sessions a week. Drs weren't keen on continuing these but I persuaded them to give me another 3 months

• Posted

does anybody struggle with keeping to 30g a day? i track it via my fitness pal and its so easy to hit 30 grams a day, on the day where i had an omellette i had 57g of fat, but was well under my calories, because of the healthy fat in egg.

what do you do, live on salads? i had a cheese salad today which bumped my fat up because of the god dam lighter cheese! i cant win lol

• Posted

Why are you having only 30g - it's supposed to be 15g per meal meaning 45g a day plus 1 snack with up to 3g of fat in it. Maybe that's why you're struggling.

I admit I haven't exactly been tracking it precisely as my Dr suggested following the slimming world plan. I generally have porridge with skimmed milk & frozen berries for breakfast. Lunch is vegetable soup or maybe a weight watchers wrap with lean ham and salad, veg sticks, pot of yoghurt and piece of fruit. Dinner I like turkeybolognese with courgetti/squash noodles or fish, sweet potato and veg/salad. I also like Batchelors Tonight I'm having stuffed mushrooms with salad which is a treat as each mushroom has cheese and bacon in it and has 7g of fat! I have my allowed in the evening as I like a sweet treat once my daughter is in bed - a meringue nest with fat free fromage frais and fruit perhaps or a sugar-free jelly with a scoop of low-fat ice cream.

Don't get me wrong it's hard going but I find planning is key. If you're able to take some time once a week to plan your meals for the week ahead you may find it helps x 

• Posted

Bloody hell then I'm fine if that's the case lol.. for some reason I gathered it was 30g? I'm unsure where I got this info. Hopefully this week then I might see a slight decrease in the scale

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.