Sorry if I've ever given advice.

Posted , 10 users are following.

The advice given to me on this site has been wonderful and insightful and is my fault for not listening to it. If you have read one of mine stents before, I just moved up from California to Washington State. I asked for help and advice on the way up here and you all give me that. Of course since I'm an alcoholic I only listened to half of it and barely made it up there alive. I ended up calling out sick 3 times my first week of my new job and then ending up in the ER. I'm a horrible person. My poor wife. My wife and I decided not to drink starting the first of the month but I kept pounding drinks while she was sleeping I kept pounding shots of vodka. And I vaguely remember pouring them out in my face while yelling at me and now it's the next day and she won't have anything to do with me and I just chugged a half a bottle of wine because I just don't know what to do.

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes. It sounds like you've formed [probably from a fairly young age] an addiction to alcohol. Some people get addicted to this, others to that, and one of the things which people can get addicted to is, of course, alcohol. It's causing bad things to happen in your life, and it's all around you, too, legal, which makes it a difficult problem to escape. My only advice is AA - I mean you realize you're an alcoholic, right?. AA is very good support to stay off the bottle and really helped me to rise above the bottle. I don't need support anymore for that problem, and I'm very grateful. Very grateful. As far as I'm concerned, alcohol is nothing but a seductive demon. A demon of ruin. 

• Posted

Sorry for such a late response. Been going through a lot lately but I've been clean for two weeks now after another outpatient ER stint . Thank you for the advice and I have tried AA multiple times but I truly believe that with counseling and medication I don't have to fear alcohol like I do right now

• Posted

HOw are you keeping ?? Better? Just wondering after 2 months..Regards Robin
    • Posted

Thanks for asking. Well, after one last out patient ER trip on October 5th and detoxing on librium I have not had a drink in two weeks. I still can't believe my wife still loves me, is staying with me, and just wants to help me. This is my rock bottom. I don't want to lose my wife, my job or my life. I now know I can't do it without some sort of help like medication. When I have too much time off I just keep drinking and can't stop and I talked about it with my wife and she agrees. She knows that I have been able to have a drink every once in awhile or not drink at all. But when I have those multiple days off all I do is binge and accomplish nothing. I am lucky enough that I have not hurt myself or anyone else and have not lost any jobs over this. But I don't even want that possibility to happen. My wife fully supports my want of having medication to help me with my problem and some counseling. She has even gone as far as not drinking at all herself just to support me no matter how much I say that she can and that it doesn't bother me. I'm a very lucky man and I have a lot to make up to her and I want to start now more than ever. I'm looking up doctors every day now to see who will take my insurance and I'm just trying to move forward. Thank you so much for checking up on me. I appreciate this forum and the people on it so much I can't even describe it. Thank you

• Posted

Good to hear this.  You are doing really well and getting stronger and definitely with the love of a good woman.  Blessed smile x

Keep going and both of you never give up.

G.

• Posted

Thank you so much. I couldn't agree with you more. It's because of her that I keep going and keep trying. Without her I know I would just give in which is just a horrible thought. I'm a 37 year old man and it still chokes me up the amount of support that I get on here and I just appreciate it all so much

• Posted

Big hugs to you both xxxxx  and at 37 - you are a mere baby - life to be lived and enjoyed.
    • Posted

Thanks. I am truly coming to embrace that. I want this to be the beginning of my new life not the end of it
    • Posted

what a fantastic reply and so honest. YOu have reached rock bottom and your way is up and up and up...trust me; I was VERY close to loosing my family, divorce, small children and loose respect from my Father who had been with AA and not drinking for 12 years...i did it and so can you!! just do like me and think of what you will and could loose IF you have that first drink..like a dark cloud hanging on top of you...yes, you can resist it...just think of waking up with a clear head and NOT looking for hidden bottles. We are all so proud of you and you have a wonderful wife!! all the best from Robin smile

• Posted

Thank you. The support of you and everyone here helps so much. I wish other people knew that they could come here and be honest and get honest help from other people who know what they're going through.

• Posted

we have ALL been through it and it is NOT easy for you and WELL DONE again!
    • Posted

how was your week so far?? sober?? Weekend now...you all work hard in the US I think..used to travel a lot for 24 years incl USA....regards Robin
    • Posted

Thank you for checking on me. Still no alcohol and going strong. Haven't found a doc yet but still looking. Staying dry for now

• Posted

incredible effort..every days shows that you are a WINNER
    • Posted

Thanks. I actually just feel good everyday. I have missed this feeling
    • Posted

17, I love the feeling when I know my body is thanking me for being kind to it and not drowning it with alcohol.........G.
    • Posted

Totally. I love waking up feeling good. Knowing that if I'm tired I can just drink a mug of green tea and I'll feel good. I used to have to do a shot or two in the morning just to go to work. It blows me away what I used to consider what a typicalovely day would entail. Frightening really

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.