Sorry my post went too quicklyor doing

Posted , 5 users are following.

I saw the a Rheumatologist on Tuesday who was concerned that the GP put my Pred up to 20mg without seeing me 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Why? Did you have symptoms that weren't being managed? 

• Posted

Hi Eileen, I have reposted. Yes my left shoulder and arm I could not move, as I was going on the cruise I wanted to know what the GP thought he sent me for x-ray but not any blood tests. The Rhmy said the right blood tests may have indicated I was having a flare. Instead I went from 10mg back up to 20mg with no relief for my left arm. I will in future go to have blood tests and let the Rheumatology dept know I have had blood tests. The Rheumatologist said he or

one of hi

one 

one if his colleagues would contact me and discuss how to progress. I did have injection  in my left shoulder. See how that goes. 

I am now decreasing Pred 2mg every two weeks until I get to 9 then every four weeks. Hoping this works. Breathless and sweating came back with avengence.

thank you 

• Posted

If you have pain that is definitely just on one side it is rarely due to the PMR itself. No wonder the rheumy was a bit annoyed!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.