Sorry TMI but need to ask

Posted , 4 users are following.

HI I am 55 and well into menopause, but have noticed that my chest is really sore all across top and into armpits. If I press my breasts between my fingers they are sore and feel sore inside too and sometimes can feel an odd stabbing sensation which come for a few seconds. No lumps, had mammogram about 2 years ago all ok, just wondred if you still get sore this far into menopause, have to stress not constant but at least 3 - 4 days per week at present. Seeing GP tomorrow about something else, wondered whether to mention or accept it is normal.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi i would moniter what your eating and when its worse.If i remember mine was like that and it was acid reflux.Good luck at Drs xx
    • Posted

Hi thanks for both messages, Trudy I do suffer with GERD and that is what I am going about tomorrow as they asked me to reduce my esomeprazole and the chest pain and skin soreness started about that time, now having to increase dozage and going in the morning to discuss. Thanks again x
    • Posted

your welcome the thing is it can attack you in alot of places.Im off the omeprazole now,but i was on them for 3 years,i do take them now and again but prefer to take bisodole which helps.Hope dr gets you sorted let us no xx

• Posted

By all means, I'd mention it to the doctor, just for your own peace of mind if nothing else. It probably is nothing and I doubt it's uncommon (I get pain in my armpits which my GP has said is just skeletal-muscular pain triggered by stress and anxiety) but it never hurts to get some reassurance from a qualified professional.

Peace and love,

• Posted

As they say, ask your doc, but I think it is very unlikely to be anything nasty if the feeling is across both breasts.  Maybe it is something silly like your pressing them too often lol.
  • Posted

try not using deoderent as an experiment.just soap and water.

see how you go with that.

• Posted

Hi again, something else occurred to me, I believe bust size increases around the menopause, you say the pain only occurs a few days a week, could one or two of your bras be too small?  I know it sounds weird and unlikely but thought it worth mentioning.
    • Posted

Hi, I do have a large bust unfortunately and wondered that myself, I got measured recently in Debenhams as I thought about this being the cause but am not convinced she was right, I do sometimes think the wire is too tight and the skin around that area is sore, so will be going for another check somewhere else, unwired bras look awful in my size. I did go to GP yesterday regarding my GERD and she felt and said the pain was muscular, I had a chest infection which she said could have caused the pain, the other thing is in early February I had a back massage and she was not very gentle to say the least lying on my front for 30 odd minutes could not have helped, I just did not expect the pain to go on so long. It is also more in the centre rather than each breast, but do feel better knowing it is something simple. Have a great day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.