Sorry to be a pain

Posted , 8 users are following.

OK two more 404 received from joymarla.

how long before taking other medication after pred should i wait please.

also when is the best time for vitamins. at the moment i take folic acid morning, and vitd magnesium at night, also started taking a acidophilus complex,,

many thanks

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

In the case of calcium and vit D supplements you should wait a couple of hours - pred for breakfast, calcium for lunch and tea/dinner since the body can't absorb more than about 5-600mg calcium at a time so if you split that as well you get more.

There isn't really a "best time" for supplements - do you REALLY need them? Vitamins obtained from your diet are processed differently and more efficiently than artificial ones in tablets and a good diet usually provides what you need.

• Posted

Hi Margaret,

I've checked the emails you received in our sender's site and they all looked ok. Have you tried clicking the links from the emails again? Occasionally there may be a "glitch" but if these are consistently failing let me know.

Alan

• Posted

As Eileen says leave a couple of hours between pred and vit D/calcium. Also on my folic acid prescription it says leave a couple of hours between the folic acid and vit D/calcium.

• Posted

Oh dear i take vitd and folic acid together, will now follow your instructions. i do wait two hours when taking pred.

when i take methotrexate i always wait two hours as well.

i may have to take more tablets if my thyroid tests are not good. sucks

many thanks

• Posted

i should have said i used to take folic acid and vit d together, but now take folic acid morning, but will follow your instructions, my apologies having bad day, head all over place today .

• Posted

Yes and i hve to fit in paracetomol four times a day as well. i have started a new list, so now i have a list for dsns method and tablets what a wonderful life its never boring.

• Posted

I hope your GP is going to check your liver functions blood tests at intervals - the top dose of paracetamol taken regularly for a long time can cause problems.

• Posted

i have my bloods done every three months for methotrexate, i believe my liver function is done then. thank you

• Posted

Not sure if I am also doing my meds right. 11 mg pred in the morning...1morning...1 1/2 mg pred, zocor 40 mg, metformin 500, vitamin D3 5000 units, celexa 20 mg. Trying to reduce down to 10 mg but not having much luck. Went from 13 to 12 1/2 for 2 wks then down to 11 1/2 for 2 wks then had to go back up due to flare. Been on pred since Nov 2017 started on 30 mg. Been quite a journey! Just gotta hang in there.

• Posted

Only pred in the morning. All the rest in the evening

• Posted

Seems OK to me - but are you struggling getting to 10 from 11 1/2mg? If so - just do 1/2mg at a time. If you are just doing 1/2mg at a time - wait a month and try again. It will work eventually, but you have to be patient and you can't force it.

• Posted

When i was struggling to reduce i did as Eileen said, reduced my half mg and kept there for a month before going lower. it seems to be working for me fingers crossed

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.