SOS: Extreme non stop Fatigue and Diabetes 2

Posted , 1 user is following.

I finally decided to ask for help on this forum. So many people here mention fatigue!

I am mid 60x's, obese, severe arthritis with 2 failed knee replacements,Diabetic Neuropathy and recently became Insulin dependant.

I know that the weight is a huge factor but I was also just told not their 1st concern!

I try very hard to eat well and thanks to the Insulin my blood sugars are

slowly coming under control, I've been having several serios urinary tract

infections that end up making my infection become septic, I'm then very

confused as the infection is now life and death!

Back to the subject, I eat well, trying to move more, tried many, I think,

healthy supplements from reputable companies. Right now I'm drinking

high protein drinks from high whey protein powder.

Can anyone please help me ASAP! I can't keep living life like this!

Thanks Susan

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Susan,  it would seem to me that the urine infections need to get under control and the best way is to take cranberry extract as a supplement.  Don't drink cranberry juice as it contains way too much sugar.  It has been proven that cranberry prevents and treats such infections.  I find I take several supplements to help deal with diabetes but the main is eating in a different way - very very little sugar, much lower carb intake and basically eating low GI/GL (glycemic index/load). You also need to look at the emotional side of having diabetes - it basically means that you are unable to process the sweetness of life!  Perhaps it may be time to do some healing of your emotional life.  Good luck on your journey with this but do not despair as there are answers out there for you.

• Posted

Thank you for your response. I guess that it doesn't help that I just want the fatigue gone now,!

Funny how the old wives tale about the goodness of cranberries and the urinary system has finally made a come back as a positive supplement. I've always believed in them!

The one good part of giving up sweet things for my sweet tooth is that I 'd enjoyed it for so many years that I was more thanwilling to give it up!

As for mental health you are right, but sometimes life gets the better of you and you feel sorry for yourself! This has been thedowntime for me and it's now time to pull my socks back up and try to get back on track ! Thanks again! Susan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.