SOS nerve pain about to send me overboard

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all, ive posted here a time or two. i had surgery on march 27. shattered acessory bone removal and peroneal tendon repair.

does anyone have any way to relieve this nerve pain? im not sleeping but a few hours a night because its so intense. im going insane. ive told my dr and pt. dr brushes it off with the usual "its normal" .... okay thats fine but how can i help this because me not sleeping is causing issues. pt has taken it more serious with massaging the incision and scar tissue. which hurts like hell, but at least she is trying to provide me with some relief.

thank you in advance.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

pain meds won't do a thing if its nerve pain. cymbalta can help.

• Posted

thats what i was thinking with the pain meds, i dont have any left anyways. i wonder if the dr would be willing to write me a script for it. im so funky with taking meds, and i hate asking for them

• Posted

i take cymbalta for nerve pain. i had ankle reconstruction march 12 and its amazing. it works so well. also try desensitized therapy. start with a cotton ball and work your way up. your nerves just need to wake up still.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.