Sos post went and bought drink on day 3 of librium

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys so a bit of an update. Have still been drinking 2/3 bottles of wine 4 nights a week. Haven't actually suffered withdrawl but in the evening around the time i would usually start i will sit for ages and talk myself in and out of it. I went to the doc on Monday and got prescribed librium for the first time. Also got thiamine 100mg. I took 10mg Monday afternoon and 10mg at bed time. Yesterday i had 10mg in morning, 10 at lunch, at dinner and bed. Then today i was down to 5mg. I had one at 7am. One at 1pm and one at 7pm. I started thinking about drink about 9pm. Told my partner i was finding it tough but got nothing because hes annoyed that im off work right now and really doesnt understand. Also tried to find a 24 hour helpline in northern Ireland but couldnt i just got through to AA in england. Was pushed over the edge when my partner was once again a dick to me and i went and bought wine. Its now 10.20pm. I dont usually drink until this time amyway. I had my last librium at 7pm 5mg. Honestly 80% going to drink.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Vicky please don’t drink with Librium. The two don’t mix and can be a dangerous combination.

imo you need a medical detox (only my opinion) I’m no medic. 

From my experience and others on this forum, it could be a blessing in disguise you  couldn’t get through to AA.

• Posted

Hi vicky. I know they dont mix well but i honestly just couldnt stop myself. I asked for support wen i got the urge to go and buy wine and didnt get it. Its not a good situation to be in i know. I was only on 5mg earlier today and had my last at 7pm its now midnight and ive only started drinking lambrini about half an hour ago.
    • Posted

Vicky I understand, I’ve been there and it’s horrible.

Are you trying to stop or cut down. I’ve said I’m no medic, but rather than go cold turkey, lambrini is better than nothing.

I’ve sent you a private message

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.