Sotalol makes me breathless when doing even light exerci...

Posted , 3 users are following.

Sotalol makes me breathless when doing even light exercise and it does not stop the irregular heartbeat (it does reduce the irregularity, but does not stop it). To date I find the cure worse than the diesese.

[i:dac2197b46]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:dac2197b46]

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have been taking sotalol for 3 weeks now & am finding it difficult to adjust to. The side effects are very similar to the actual condition I am being treated for, making it very hard to tell if it is doing me any good at all.

[i:0235f35228]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:0235f35228]

• Posted

I too was very breathless when taking Sotalol. I could hardly walk to the back door without finding it very difficult to breathe. I was not sure whether it was caused by my tenseness in concentrating on my breathing or the drug itself.I had only been taking it for six days so in spite of the instructions not to stop taking it without consulting your doctor I decided to stop there and then. My blood pressure was very low on my home testing monitor. In fact I kept getting and E error readings on the machine. Presumably my blood pressure was too low to register.

For the next two days I still kept getting extremely breathless but after that I improved. Definitely a case of being worse on the drug than off it.

This happened during the last few weeks. I have not yet got round to seeing my doctor to tell her what I have done. I thought I might give it another go in case the fault was mine but can't seem to pluck up the courage to do so.

I have atrial fibrilation so take Warfarin for that but do not think that is the culprit.

• Posted

i was taking sotalol for 1 month, 80mg twice aday, i too felt beathless, in fact got bronchitis for the 1st in my life, the another chest infection, also felt very sick most of the time, my doctor wanted me to reduce, but i listened to my body and went back to 25mg of attenalol per day..LISTEN TO YOUR BODY AND INSTINCTS

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.