Sour Taste in mouth

Posted , 6 users are following.

Last week I experienced the feeling of something stuck in my throat and bloated feeling in chest. I also experienced a warm sensation in my throat. I went to the doctor and was told that I may have acid re flux. Hence I was given the medication omeprazole for 3 days. However it didnt seem to help at all and after eating it i began to have a constant sour taste at the back of my mouth. Sometimes it feels as if this sourness lingers around the throat. 

On the bright side, the lump and warming feel in the throat now come and goes. May I know if anyone experienced the same thing as me? If so , how did you cope with the sour taste in the mouth because it is really disturbing.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Derrrick

I suffer from acid reflux and have done for about 2 years now. I take one  ppi every day and try to be careful with what I eat and drink. I sometimes have the lump in throat feeling and also sour /metallic taste. The only way I can disguise this taste is by eating something with a strong taste and mostly this helps.

All the best

Robin

• Posted

Hi Rob,

Thank you very much for your reply, Can i clarify if ppi is a long lasting medication?

Regards

Derrick

• Posted

Hi Can please help me to. I have metal taste in my mouth to  . I don't no what to do. What's the best  madican can I take. What's is   . PPi. Can  u please help me. Thanks

• Posted

What do u eat for strong taste. Can u  tell me please. I have acid reflux. And PPI. What's the name can u right me please . I didn't understand PPI  what is this. Only PPI . No name.  Please right me.

• Posted

Hi Derrick

I personally believe that for any PPi's to work they are long term although many would not agree with me. I am taking Esomeprazole at the moment but there are many others available.

Robin

• Posted

Hi Susy

I eat strong cheese or something that is very savory to help cover up the bad taste.

Robin

• Posted

Strong cheese which one the name can u tell me please.  They said cheese is not good for acid Refluxs.  I was scare to eat. Is that true. And savory what is that Can u tell me please. Thanks. I'm so tire of my mouth metal taste .

• Posted

Hi Susy

I eat mainly cheddar that says strong/mature on the label. I know it is not really good for acid reflux but it isn't often so I don't worry about it. By savoury food I mean anything that has a definite taste like steak pie or casseroles, eating salads will not cover up the taste in your mouth.

Robin

• Posted

A  PPI  is an abbreviation of   " proton pump inhibitor ". Proton pumps produce stomach acid so these medicines help to prevent overproduction of acid. They are marketed under different brand names and your doctor would offer the best advice.

• Posted

I like to no the name of strong cheese. Please and savory food like which ones thanks.and do u no anything more metal taste for mouth
  • Posted

Hi Derrick

I suffer from sour taste nearly every day I find chewing sugar free gum helps

Cathie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.