Soy making me crazy. Has this happened to anyone?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I switched margarine this week to a brand that has a bit of soy. I don't get soy otherwise in my diet.  I started getting unpredictable panic attacks, bubbling and gurgling in the stomach, diarrhea and, of course, raging health anxiety.  

I stopped using the margarine yesterday, but I'm still a wreck--even after exercise and an ativan.  I feel like I am going to die from all the pains, unpredictable noises and uncontrollable heartbeat.  Has this happened to anyone from soy? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Soy messes with my moods, hormones and even cause me to bleed!
    • Posted

I do feel crampy too. That's so helpful to know! If I start to spot, now I will know. Otherwise, I would have gone into a terrible panic spiral and then right to the doctor.  

At least some of the stomach bubbling has subsided. Ugh. I just want my body back. 

Thanks so much, Crosado!

• Posted

Dont use it. For me is horrible is cause me a big migraine. All food that has MSG (monosodium glutamate) is bad for our body, at least for me. Take it out, you will see, you will feel better, and drink a lot of water. 
    • Posted

Thanks, Julie!  I stopped the margerine  with soy in it Tuesday night. (The minute I figured out that was the problem.)  I am doing a little better. My stomach stopped bubbling.  But I am still having a rough day today. Uncontrollably racy heartbeat and anxiety and red, blotchy skin. I had to take a sick day.

But I am following your advice. Plenty of water and I may get to the gym later. Ugh. Why is perimenopause such a horrible game of chance? I used to be a normal person. Now I am beyond sensitive to everything. 

Thanks again! 

• Posted

GOOD!!!!👍 keep doing. Try to not eat nothing with MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE, read the ingredientes in the back of each food you buyed.  Im coming vegan and help me a lot. Its is expensive, but help me a lot. Good luck, i hope you will better. God Bless You🙏

• Posted

Boy are you ever right, Julie! I had an allergic reaction to something with MSG last week and I am still not quite recovered. I feel so vulnerable in my own body. In a way that, before peri, I never did. I am scared. 

I have an appointment with my GI doctor today because my appetite still isn't back after the allergic reaction.  And I have an appointment with a new GYN today as well since my old one was a robot; I wouldn't trust her to treat me like a person if something happened. But my health anxiety is so bad this morning, I am thinking of cancelling both appointments because I can't handle the thought of one of them saying "you need this test....."

On top that, my period came yesterday. Still like a parole officer, every month. I am going to be 51 next month. When does this end? I don't mind getting older. I mind the terror that the peri symptoms give me. 

Please keep praying for me. It means everything. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.