Spaced out

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

I posted about a week ago about early side effects I was feeling and appreciated the feedback. I had another question about feeling spaced out.

The morning anxiety is still there and dry mouth, but the past three days I have felt spaced out and just out of it. Almost dreamlike. It makes it really hard to function and I wanted to hear from others if this is a side effect you've felt before and any tips or advice.

This is my tenth day on citalopram.

Thanks,

Robby

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hey I'm on my 5th week and I have zombieness and disconnection aparntley it goes away after a while well I'm hoping so cos it's horrible feeling like nothing is real and dreamlike
    • Posted

I'm sorry you're struggling with this too. It really is hard to explain and scary. Very hard to have human interaction like this. Has it gotten better than it was or stayed the same?
    • Posted

Yes it sure is I have it 24 7 I feel like I don't exzist in this world can't feel my self in my own body it's horrible it has gotten worse u just feel like ur a zombie walking around not having a clue wats going on
  • Posted

Totally agree with what you are saying I too have the feeling being spaced out and I find myself having to try really hard mentally to concentrate on the most basics of conversations with my loved ones.

It plays on my mind so much because I'm sure all of my problems with anxiety stem from me having thoughts of being medically unwell and thinking that any pain or ache I get is something serious. So with the feelings of being spaced out and not feeling my normal self in my head I worry that this is not normal. Seeing that you guys and girls are going through similar experience's eases the worrying side of things because it must be down to the medication.

I have seen on this forum it can take up to six months to start feeling the full benefits of taking citalopram.

• Posted

I think you're right Chelsea. 11 weeks in and I still occasionally got that feeling. It has improved a lot though. I do believe we have to just accept those awful feelings until the healing really starts, and yeah, I really do believe it can take up to 6 months or longer, although the initial side effects wear off sooner. Good luck to everyone. Lee.
    • Posted

Cheers Lee,

I'm just going into week six my 5th on 20 mg am feeling a lot more positive. It's just frustrating as these feelings have seemed to come from nowhere.

I have got so much to look forward to in my home life and it's just annoying me that I have been feeling the way I have. I have always been such a positive person and have got on with things whatever.

Me and my wife have tried to make a point of not keeping on talking about how I'm feeling or coping with the anxiety as to try and get back to normal way of life. She tells me that I seem no different but most days I'm battling with myself in my head and think to myself people must be able to tell I'm not my normal self.

Let's keep going everyone we will get through this.

All the best Kevin.

• Posted

Hey Kev, you're right, I try and act as normal as possible especially as I don't want to disrupt family life, so I fish myself to do things we have always done even when I feel grotty. At work I just put on a brave face and get on with it, but I have confided in my boss who has been amazing. Also looking forward to being the happy contented person I was before all this. I just took on too much emotional stuff for too long, and everything felt like it came tumbling down with a ton of anxiety. Keep going, we are all going to make it ! Cheers, Lee.
    • Posted

Predictive text , ugh. I force myself 😂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.