Spaced out, drunk feeling, neck pain!?

Posted , 27 users are following.

Had pain in right hand side neck lower head feels like lump/muscle tender with symptoms of spaced out, difficulty concentrating dizzy but not like room spinning. seen 2 gps said migraine and Muscle pain also anxiety. Finally I went private saw neurosurgeon had MRI! did other tests reflex etc.. Results came back all fine!?? What now. Would MRI show cancer terrified?? Feeling tired but working 12 hours almost 7 days a week? Also was a previous boxer but haven't boxed for a year so I'm sure this couldn't be this?? Surely this can't be anxiety

1 like, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I would advise you to see a rheumatologist perhaps as a start.  Did any family members have autoimmune disorders?  Do you live in an area of Lyme disease?  There’s many things it could

Be

• Posted

Curious ... if you let your head hang over the bed ( while on your back ) let your muscles go limp... listen and feel if your head cluncks, or clicks out.  Then tense your neck muscles and see if it slams or clunks back.

i did martial arts and had my share of blows.

im still trying to diagnose myself.  5 doctors and 2 PTs...  mri and ct ... inconclusive 

also im withdrawal from Xanax use which can screw up the CNS and SNS.

• Posted

Hi jemstone. Thank you for your message. Still no better but I've found a physio who understands my problem and has explained to me my condition. All rather complicated. One of my problems is hypermobility. C1 and C2 which have been a huge source of my problem since the whiplash 28 years ago and so things don't tend to stay in place. Praying for a miracle. Hoping you are ok too.

• Posted

Hi Chloe. When you've been suffering from all the symptoms discussed for 28 years off and on, what neck exercises do you suggest to strengthen this area. I was so happy that through a remedial therapist that I had got down to only onr treatment every 3 to 4 weeks. I would do something in the garden to bring the spaced out feeling back and off I would go for treatment which got me back to feeling normal again. Just recently, my husband rolled up the carpet and I went flying onto the floor. I could not believe it! Within a few weeks my symptoms from my whiplash of 28 years ago have all returned and stayed with me. Initially, I was fainting and walked like a baby taking its first steps. With 2 treatments a week the fainting has ceased but I certainly feel like I could nearly faint and I can lose my balance easily at times.

I feel extremely spaced out, lethargic, and weak but I need to push myself to strengthen the whole neck. I welcome your advice. Regards Marguerite

• Posted

i have been feeling off balance and my arms weak. i fainted the other day. i too have extreme anxiety. i will be going to the chiro as i also have terrible muscle tension. i do have scoliosis. i think the tension headaches and the off balancness are do to the tight muscles and anxiety but the thought its something else always lingers out there. i have panic attacks and anxiety my entire life and im 60 years old. Relaxing just doesnt seem to work or make it better. i welcome anyones thoughts.

• Posted

My symptoms started after I was scratched by a stray cat.  I have horrible aches and pains all over my body.  Headaches, tingling in my feet.  Severe back and shoulder pain. Weakness some days I am 45 and never felt this way in my life.  It’s been a year of hell.  Certain foods make it worse so I avoid those foods now.  No more sugar dairy or eggs, they cause inflammation and my symptoms to flair up.   I eat lots of veggies and low in sugar fruits.  I’m sorry, I feel you pain.  Good luck, peace be with you
    • Posted

Hi Mom

Have you had a long list of blood tests. It sounds like you've contracted something from the cat. You need urgent treatment. They need to have a good look at your blood to diagnose what antibiotics you need to be put on. It's a shame they didn't think to do a swab of the scratched area.

• Posted

Hi all, I have been dealing with the drunk fuzzy feeling for about 3 months now, I have bad anxiety and trigger points all through my traps and SCM muscles.. I think my anxiety caused a lot of other symptoms during this time such as insomnia and IBS but they have all gone now but still have the drunk dizzy feeling, I can bring it on by moving my shoulders or upper back certain ways and bobbing up and down

I have had a brain MRI, ENT tests/ VNG tests, blood tests, a sleep study, optical tests, dental checks, physio, chiro the whole lot but I'm still waiting for a nerve conduction test and to see a neurologist.. doctors kept telling me it was just anxiety but I cant accept that seeing as I can bring it on with certain movements.. I'm sure if it was life threatening it would have shown more severe symptoms or red flags or something abnormal would have shown in all my tests

Hope you all find out what it is causing this problem .. if I find out I'll let you all know too

• Posted

Steggles, I've decided to get on these forums and reply to people who have posted recently... Helping to give answers and hope because 4 years ago, I didn't have that!

You are not dying and it is not anxiety. Let me guess... You get anxious when you start having the symptoms, right?

Doctor after doctor told me it was anxiety. After $10,000 of tests, a neurologist, etc., I found the only thing that would help is stretching my neck, working the knots out of my shoulders and taking a couple of Aleve.

NECK TENSION... that is ALL IT IS.

The doctors looked at me like I was crazy and I'm not sure why they couldn't figure that out.

I've dealt with it for over 4 years now. I still get dizzy but it doesn't scare me anymore.

I know how debilitating it can be, trust me! I couldn't drive or focus at work, anxiety was high, I hated life.

Just please know you are okay. Try a massage, keep stretching your neck, tell your doctor. They need to understand this.

• Posted

I don't have neck pain but I have the dizziness everyday and alot of anxiety... I have some neck discomfort but nothing that would suggest a neck issue but I've been to the dr. And they also say it is just anxiety which i have but the dizziness does not seem to let up and is often accompanied with headaches.. . Does this sound familiar to you? I an jsut new to this forum but I feel some relief in hearing I am not alone...

• Posted

Hi Jody. I can't go into much detail at the moment as I'm fairly busy and won't be home till late Thursday. My problems started after suffering whiplash and in fact I suffered blackouts, collapsing and altogether a continual spaced out feeling. Nobody could help me in mainstream. A lady who was actually extremely I'll who eventually died did a lot of unusual work on me and later, I was transported into a vision. Theres a lot more I could say about this. I ended up in the house of where I was transported to and they had what nobody else would have which featured in my vision. She did similar work on me and finally after 28 years, I was able to be more employable. Due to having a fall, similar symptoms returned but nothing compared to the past. The closest treatment that i could explain to you that would help is to go to a Remedial Therapist who does deep tissue trigger point therapy. Got to go for now.

• Posted

Yes ! It is the NECK and tension in the muscles....I've had MRI's, CT scans, went through dizziness tests for inner ear......allergy shots, tons and tons of PT....trigger point injections......on and on....

IT IS STRESS AND NECK MUSCLES in spasm causing so many bizarre symptoms especially if it the suboccipitals or SCM......get thte Trigger Point Therapy Workbook and you will have a breakthrough in what we're going through !

For me, a teacher, too much computer and using it in BED.....a huge no no.  Also bad posture and gait ( had Polio as a young child) and a lot is plain old stress....worry worry worry about everything from finances to my kids. If you're a worrier this is what happens to your muscles......tensing up until they stay contracted as they learn that this is the "norm"....being in spasm. You have to re=train them with the help of a good therapist and yourself following up.  It is a horrible syndrome to be in:  myofacial pain syndrome....Good luck everyone.....

• Posted

new to the forum. Just wondered if you ever found an answer. I have many of the same symptoms.

• Posted

I had a cervical fusion at level C 5-6 about 15 years ago. Several years later, I started having increasing neck pain, Particularly at the base of my skull on the left. Dizziness, balance problems and occasional pain following along the occipital nerve. I have cervical facet joint disease, ddd, spurs and primarily Osteoarthritis. I am thinking the pain at the base of the skull is occipital neuralalgia, an inflamed nerve from the pain cycle whichaybe triggers the SCM or Triceps. This may be treated with yearly neurotoxins. Or sometimes, Botox. Good luck. Feel better . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.