Spaced out feeling

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I am on day 10 of taking Mirtazapine 30mg, a couple of times yesterday I came across feeling funny - difficult to describe - kind of spaced out, not exactly light headed but a brief feeling im going to pass out that lasted a matter of seconds. Today I have had the same happening to me but they are more frequent and lasting much longer - upto 10 minutes, but as I sit and type this it has been about 20 minutes so far this time, I'm not shaking but feel like I am - is this normal, its actually scaring me a bit??

I am taking them 1hr before going to bed - around 9:30ish

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I take 15 mg. mirtazapine at bedtiime. I've been on it for a few months. I never experienced your symptoms but everyone is different. I suggest you visit your doctor to see if he/she can't recommend something else.

Also it usually takes awhile for your body to adjust to any antidepressant but you shouldn't need to suffer

these sensations.

• Posted

I'm due a review next week, however, if these symptoms persist or worsen I will speak to him sooner. Just wondered if it was a side effect anyone else has experienced? I've never felt anything like it!
  • Posted

Hiya chelbelle....my doseage of mitazapine was recently upped from 22.5 mg to 30 mg strangely my side affects started at day 4 and lasted till day 10 totally disapeard....all i can say to you is mention it to your dr even if they do disapear...because my dr wants to up my dose again i feel she doesn't understand what i went through i couldn't go through that again and defo not attend work and go through it i was zonked all the time it did pass give yourself a deadline,weigh up the for's and against taking mitazapine..you may need your doseage reduced...good luck whatever you decide it's your body you know it better than your dr x
  • Posted

Hi,

I was prescribed 15mg of mirtazapine to take the edge off my mild stress and anxiety. After a few days I started with the same kind of symptoms you described (very unpleasant!) especially after doing any sort of exercise. I decided to stop taking them and deal with the source of my stress rather than take the tablets that made me so much worse! I'm now exercising regularly and doing hypnotherapy to help beat it and haven't had those symptoms again!! I know it's not for everyone but I found the tablets just weren't for me! Good luck!

• Posted

Thank you for your replies.

Not taking medication unfortunately is not an option for me, I was taken off a different medication I have been taking for a few years as it was no longer working and changed to these, I already feel the benefits from them in such a short time - 10 days ago I couldnt even get out of bed, my mood was so low :-( I also start CBT this Friday, so hopefully that and the meds will work.

I have had a very active day today, so maybe that is why the side effects are so profound today. Its settled again now (then again, ive not got up for a while!!)

I will se how they go, the other very unpleasant side effect I have had is the increased appetite and have gained 7lbs since starting them - I really dont want to put on weight - that will just add to my stress levels, so as much as I do like this medication for its sedative effects, I feel maybe its not for me.

I will see how the next few days go before I see the dr again.

Thanks again for your input.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.