Spacey

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all. Anyone here get spacey at times? I keep finding myself doing stupid s***. This perimenopause has gotten on my last nerve!

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes... I do all kinds of stupid things.. And then it's like DUH, why did I do that? I used to be quick with comments during a conversation.. Now, it takes a while for it to register.--- I don't like this feeling cuz my self esteem and confidence are out the window.. : (

• Posted

Hi Kelly,

I really relate to that last sentence... of everything I feel I am losing, my energy and self-confidence are the things I miss the most.

You are not alone.

Sara

• Posted

Yes... I do all kinds of stupid things.. And then it's like DUH, why did I do that? I used to be quick with comments during a conversation.. Now, it takes a while for it to register.--- I don't like this feeling cuz my self esteem and confidence are out the window.. : (

• Posted

• Posted

Hi Laura,

All the time!!! Are mornings worse for you? I feel like my brain reconnects better in the evening somehow.

Take care!

Sara

• Posted

Daily. Cant believe some of the mistakes I discover I've made at work. Some days, I have trouble thinking. Especially in the morning. 😦

• Posted

Thank you for your reply all. I don't have a particular time of day this happens to me. It's just random. I'm calling it menopause brain. My husband has noticed too that there are times I am slow to react to something.

• Posted

Yes, I sometimes think I've got dementia! My sense of direction is terrible too, as my friend commented during a trip away. Not good for self esteem. At least I know where my bed is!

• Posted

yes!! every day, I'm struggling to react mentally, say the wrong words all of the time and feel slow. I'm unable to make decisions too.. the hardest thing is no one seems to understand. At work my colleagues get annoyed or laugh ..I also have zero sense of humour now!

• Posted

I say the wrong words all the time. And I'm a teacher so it can get quite embarrassing. It's helpful to know we are not alone in this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.