Spasm

Posted , 6 users are following.

anyones pain suddenly flair up for a short time e.g 5 minutes and then dissapears ? feels more like a spasm attack

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

All the time.

Sometimes will come and go others it will last the day and gradually fade away.

• Posted

Yes, sometimes in the middle of my back and other times in my side. Particularly dreadful when it comes whilst I am driving, catches my breath sometimes

• Posted

Hi Beth i get the pain at times lasting 5 to 10 minutes short stabbing pain and it is always below my left boob in my rib areait sometimes presents itself in my back also

• Posted

I have the same thing happen to me it wanes with me if I move a certain way or if I been over a certain way I will have a sharp pain in between the ribs and also under my breast. and in the back .like I got stabbed. now I had it for 15 years and I'm getting arthritis setting in when the weather changes I get them more than I ever had them . when I'm somewhere out in about or driving my car I can have and attack . but mostly if I move a certain way. heavy and painful. I always rub my sternum bone and rub it because it feels like there rubbing. hard on each other. all I can do is wait for it to pass heatchelps are Aleve . but what your describing is all related to costo.

• Posted

Hi Brenda

i know exactly how you feel, i have the pain coming and going depending on what i do when i think its gone i suddenly get it back it stabbing short and severe, feels sometimes like there is something stabbing me . im hoping it will go away i find it comes after i laugh a lot or cough or sometimes sneeze and also after exercise. im dissapointed to hear that it can last 15 years pain is always below my left breast i use anti-inflamatory gel to ease the pain

• Posted

mine wanes. it comes and goes. coso is caused by having teams to the chest. it's caused by a strain in your sternum. pulled muscel mine was from trying to pull a picnic table that was cemented to the ground . I was trying to make room for. my daughters birthday party at a park and didnt realise that it was cemented. and pull the muscle . I took asprins . felt better but from day to day it got worse . had all kind of testing done . than one time a Dr told me I had coso and that it don't show even in a mri I can go for a long time with out a flare up . than something will trigger it and I have the whole crazy pain again. all u can do is Aleve or Advil. ice pack and hot pack heating pad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.