spasms in skull

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi first time I have posted....does anybody get spasm type pain in base of skull with their spodylosis

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello Jean. I am a new 'member' of the C.S. club and have just come across this site. So far it has been very helpful to me, and I hope it will to you too.

I can't admit to having spasm type pain at the base of my skull, but I do have a fairly constant headache there which seems to then travel over to the front of my head, but it definitely starts at the base and is much worse first thing in the morning. I often wake thinking I must take painkillers a.s.a.p. but by the time I have got myself together and had breakfast the worst of the pain has gone and I am just left with a dull headache (as well as the neck and shoulder pain, of course!) I hope someone has been able to reassure you about the spasm type pain that you get. I wish you well and hope things improve for you.

Best wishes

Brenda

• Posted

Hi, yes I do experience this, it feels kind of like i'm on drugs, my head throbs and it continues down my arms. I can lie down and feel this spasming in my head for ages. The only thing that relieves it is rest, heat , ibuprofen and slow breathing exercises to try to calm the spasms down. I believe it is a muscle spasm coming from the muscles around the damaged cervical vertebrae that have flared up in response to something you have done.
  • Posted

hi, yes i get spasms around the back of my head. it feels like a lead weight. i beleive it is the muscle contracting to protect the area of wear and tear.
  • Posted

I do get spasms when I get really stressed out !

It must be a CS thing sad

• Posted

Hi'

I agree with Mat here. The muscles at base of skull overreact to warn you to protect the neck until it has regained some flexibility. Probably best to just try and relax, take the nurofen and wait til it improves. It might be wise to check your sleeping environment for any draughts that might be playing on your neck whilst you sleep (open window, air vents, gaps under doors etc.). You just might find that the stiffness/headaches calm down with no aggravation from night time draughts.

• Posted

Yes I have and what are like little electric shock sparks in my head - the chiro seems to have eliminated most of these. I tend to get these when my symptoms are at thier worst. :roll:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.