Spasms on stomach?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I think I have irritable bowel syndrome since most of the symptoms match but recently I've felt twitching/ spasms on my stomach. They're not painful at all but it did make me worry. I can feel the spasm more especially when I sit/lean over but it still doesn't hurt, Should I be worried?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have IBS and have had twitching sensations in my stomach which are not painful but annoying. However, you should see your doctor to get an official diagnosis and rule out other causes. You should not worry because it will make your symptoms worse.
  • Posted

Hi!

You will need to let you doctor run all of the tests to get to the bottom of what's going on.  IBS is a chronic condition.  If this just started, chances are it's something that will clear up on it's own.  If it's been going on for more than 3 days, don't be afraid to tell your doctor that you would like them to start running tests to get to the bottom of things.

Sending good thoughts!

• Posted

It has been happening for a few days sp I guess I should ask my doctor just in case, thanks for he reply smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.