Spasms: Origin unknown!!

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi This is a post of desperation!! I have spasms - big ones - big enough to jerk my whole body. They are so bad that I loudly yelp when I have them. There is no warning and not a lot of physical pain but mentally I am at rock bottom. They cant find anything wrong with me. (Im, 76 and have had these for three years now). Brain MRI OK; CT scan OK, Spine MRI OK ; Neurologist OK; Spinal surgeon OK. Went down the anxiety route nothing worked -the medication just made me feel awful. I get these spasms when Iay on either side for any length of time - they go when I stand up - but then restart when a lay down again. Sleep is very fitful. I sit down a lot and the spasms seem to originate either on my lower back. my hips or my buttocks. Endocrinologist says that all bloods tests are OK. Tried L-dopa did nothing. My GP says it can`t be anything nasty or it would have appeared by now - but nasty is relative. I would be so grateful if anyoenhas had something similar. My own view is that a nerve is getting trapped and released - so any ideas please? Thanks in advance

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.