Specific chest pain after eating.

Posted , 2 users are following.

i have had heart checks so consider this not the problem. Sometimes after I eat I get a medium type pain just behind the chestbone. It is very located there so no side pains or aches.

it occasionally comes on without eating but may be a delayed eating thing.

i have a minor hiatus hernia which occasionally give a reflux.

i am wondering if the hernia is progressing in some way to cause this new condition as the heart has been given a clean bill of health after investigations into that being the cause.

Advice appreciated.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like acid reflux which can cause chest pain.
    • Posted

I occassionally get reflux burning but the pain is not that but in the same place like there is a restriction and things are being forced past it.
    • Posted

Maybe the hiatus hernia is causing the restriction feeling.  However, when my acid reflux started I had the same feeling of restriction and something being stuck.  Nothing was found in my endoscopy to suggest what was causing this sensation.  It was put done to reflux.  

• Posted

Sure, but I've had the HH for some time with the acid burning reflux gives. This new symptom may be it getting worse. I was just trying to see if someone else had a similar experience with something other that acid reflux.

anyone?

thanks for replying.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.