Speech

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all I've improved a lot over the months my anxiety is a lot more controllable however a few days ago, I was walking with my friend and I tried to talk but it came out to quick for a few seconds I felt like I had no control over my speech felt like my brain had frozen this was in the morning and I have never been on meds so it can't be that. I talk fast anyway due to anxiety. Any ideas ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi George, it was no doubt a temporary "blip", talking about it is good for you but it also means you go back to those anxious days and thoughts so it triggers it temporarily but don't worry as time goes by you will be able to go to those places again without feeling anxiety or any symptoms.

In the mean time continue to talk about it, it's really good for you to do it abd any feelings you get are just temporary.

Neil 

• Posted

I wouldn't worry much if it just happened this once... Your anxiety is getting better and it's ok if it's not perfect all the time, it is still advancing...
  • Posted

Not knowing the back story... is this anxiety? or another issue?
    • Posted

Yes - sounds like. Needs subtle adaptive behavioral therapy. Tough in reality...so try and get some help...but you are normal and should be sortable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.