Speech issues and passing out

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just today and yesterday I’ve been having an issue getting words out of my mouth. I mean I can barely move my tongue and my words come out as gibberish. Feels like my tongue is literally twisting. Also my vision has blacked out and I’ve fallen because of it. It’s like a low blood sugar situation, but my blood sugar and glucose are fine. Thanks for the help!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Have you been to the emergency room? I would start there if this symptoms just appeared.
    • Posted

Naw they’ve been around but thanks for the concern 
  • Posted

Have you seen the movie "Unrest?" In it, the filmmaker who has ME/CFS, is shown experiencing the speech problems you mention. It happens after she has gone beyond her energy limit. Also, areas of vision blacking out are one of the symptoms of ME/CFS.

• Posted

Hi.. like already said if in doubt get to a doctor and have things checked.  Second the word thing is pretty common with CFS.. its said that it causes low grade inflammation in the brain and depending on where in the brain it occurs will depend on what symptoms you get. Speech issues are common.. often mumbling, word finding etc.. i also have have times when i look like i have had a mild stroke... This is caused by a type of migraine that effects CFS/ME sufferers.

As for the blacking out.. once you have been checked out by a doctor and if they find nothing wrong you need to look down the road of POTS.. look it up.. alot of people with ME have it , but it often goes un diagnosed as there is even less known about it than ME. it causes the symptoms you mention.  You can often start suffering with it out of nowhere , can be brought on by an ME flare or a viral infection of some kind

• Posted

I’ve never thought abt POTS, could be that too! I think it’s a combo of Lupus and CFS. Wouldn’t be surprised if POTS was there too. Thanks
    • Posted

Funny you should mention lupus as my doctor thought i had that too. After all tests it was ruled out. Turned out to be Menopuse rolleyes mixed in with CFS and POTS.. Hope you get some answers smile
    • Posted

My doctor also thought I had Lupus. After specific bloodwork done, he concluded I didn't have it. But I think the two illnesses have certain similarities.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.