Speech problems.

Posted , 39 users are following.

Hi ladies.  I've checked the 66 peri menopausal list and this symptom is not listed.  Lately, I've been mispronouncing words a lot and it's freaking me out.  I'm tired and stressed like many in this group but I've never read about others having this problem.  Help please.

8 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

Hello Ladies!!!

I am so happy , I found that forum!!! I spend some nights wake . I am 49 years old that October. sincerely I am thinking,, i was losing my mind. i start to have all those simptoms of different words coming out of my mouth. i cried so much. My body hurts every single joints. My whole spine i could not even lay on my back. i have been suffering a lot . My period comes 40 days and sometimes in 2 weeks. I have been in neuro to clear the possibility for MS. I had MRI done in my spine and it came clear. Also I had done MRI of brain, and it came with lessons, my neuro sees me every 6 months, but she ruled out MS. I had so much stress since I reach 40 years old. Also my vitamin D was lower, now I take daily 5000gr. I suffered silent , My neurologist said my lessons should maybe from old infections , and age. Thank you for your time. Sorry English is my second language. Please and replay will be welcome !!! Blessed all of you ladies

• Edited

I am a 49 year old and second language speaker too!

Isn't it good to know that we are not alone- I am so thankful for Google and the first post on this issue that I found.

• Posted

Hello Amelia,

Chin up, we will get through this ok. I have a lot of support from my husband, my best friend. When I talked with doctors in the U SA, they even do not listen to me. I fired many of them . The only answer I have from them is that everything is my mind, and they want to prescribe to me anxiety and sleep medication , I declined, of course. And I let them know in their faces, if you cannot find what I have what is the point of taking any medication? If you need to talk you can write to me anytime, ,Hapoy Holidays!!! hugs and love

Veranice mom of 2 boys, and married over 20 years.

• Posted

i have problems recalling words and forgetting things easily

• Posted

I am so emotional right now... I thought I was losing my marbles! I am mispronouncing my words and it has caused me so much anxiety and seems to be getting worse.

Am 49 and am perimenopausal, I am so glad that I accessed this site, this discussion because I can relate with you all...

And my dry mouth when I get nervous makes it worse.

• Posted

I believe this is also a result of the year we've just been through, as my 24 year old daughter has been complaining of the same thing. I think we need to acknowledge the level of stress this global pandemic has added to our lives, even though we've been adapting and pivoting our lives around as well as can be expected. Add this to the stress our bodies have been undergoing, it's a miracle a sentence can be formed sometimes 😉 I have heard this from many friends as well, foggy, hard to concentrate, cannot communicate effectively sometimes. I think we are yet to discover all of the effects 2020, and beyond, has had on our mental/physical health. We'll all need some recovery time - one year (min) of heightened stress levels is bound to take a few to recover from.

• Posted

Hi Faz, yes me too, not too often but my voice also goes croaky and deeper. And I struggle to find a word, which is bit embarassing! x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.