Speed of increase in changes?

Posted , 13 users are following.

I have been aware of new shrinkage and fusion recently which has all happened within a month. Steroid has calmed it down but not unfused me. I had no symptoms (itching or soreness/pain) but it all seemed to happen so fast. My GP told me all looked ok in July. I have seen her today and she still thinks not much has changed and also told me that changes don't happen fast, that LS is insidious and it is just that we don't notice the gradual change. She was happy to refer me to vulval clinic to ease my mind but only because I asked. Appointment won't be for another 6 weeks.

I can't think why I have had this sudden change again when everything seemed reasonable, we were on holiday and I was relaxed. GP asked about the temperature where we were and whether I had been swimming a lot, but I can't see that those things would have brought this on as I swim regularly and heat doesn't seem to affect me.

Has anyone had a similar 'speedy' increase in changes and what have you done about it, if anything?

0 likes, 50 replies

50 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It may compare with that feeling I sometimes have of a urinary tract infection coming up. In that case I start to rinse with a small amount of unpasteurized apple cider vinegar with the water in my Perin bottle, rinsing after bathroom visit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.