Spent years in the sun

Posted , 3 users are following.

I lived in the Caribbean for a few years and worked in the sun daily. No sunscreen. Anyone else have any comments on deep tan as causality? Possible other contributors scratch from and anteater in Ecuador. Dirty rugby field in MY. These are the only things that I can think of....I've had it for 10 years with only one short lived remission.

No carbon diet for weight listening does nothing for my condition.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there!  I also have spent years in the sun but I don’t think it’s a contributor because I seem to get the spots in a lot of areas never tanned.  Good thought though.  

Do you have autoimmune disease in your family?   That’s what this is all about lots of people get too much sun, eat too much bad food and are exposed to environmental hazards who don’t get GA.  

Faulty immune system that’s my guess.  Hang in there and if it gets REALLY bad there’s always plaquenil.

• Posted

I have not heard about plexcinil (spp) until reading name on this site. Sounds like bar side effects.

No hereditary in in my family.

Autoimmune was discussed by my dermatologist. She asked about help c. None here unless false negative. No herpes. No thyroid either unless bad results.

Again what do you think about hormone possibly. Thanx for sun explaination..what about sun exposure being cause not just exposed areas? Thmx

• Posted

Using phone so sorry about spelling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.