Sperm count and Testicle size

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello everyone. New to the forums, and I made an account to discuss an issue I've been having lately. I'll get into it.

The issue is that my sperm count is generally low, and testicle size has decreased quite a bit. This has started happening about maybe 6 months up to 1 year ago, I can't recount exactly when it started. To answer some questions that will come up - I don't smoke or drink, never have. I eat only healthy unprocessed foods most of the time. My diet includes everything from fruits, vegetables, a variety of nuts and meats, dairy products and grains, dried fruits etc. I literally consume pretty much everything. I lift weights 3-4 times a week, and walk at least 10,000 steps daily. Been into sports since age 8, practically never stopped training. I'm 37 years old, and up until approximately 1 year ago, my sperm count and testicle size was normal from what I recall. The change happened very abruptly so I'm not sure if I can attribute these changes to age. I have also done 2 blood tests, both turned out perfectly fine. The second blood test was for my Thyroid gland, hormones are perfectly in balance.

The only thing that stands out is that some 6 months ago, I went through a period of short but severe depression due mostly to overworking. It lasted for maybe 2 months, after which i started working less for the next 4 months. I recovered from the depression quickly due to resting more during those 4 months. This was the first time in my life I've been that depressed. I believe this may have something to do with it because that was when the above changes took place. To state once again, despite my age, everything was normal up until 6 months-1 year ago. This change in sperm count and testicle size came very abruptly.

I also take some supplements for sports - magnesium, multivitamins, chondroitine for joint health, and some natural testosterone boosting supplement. I used to take all of these before I experienced these issues I am having now so I don't believe the supplements are the cause of this.

Any ideas, experiences or advice on this? I am not concerned about it happening as I am about the fact that less than a year ago, I didn't have any of these issues at all.

Thank you for reading.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.