Sphenoid Sinusitis?!?!?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I have had sinus issues for two months now. I have been on Amoxicillin and Augmentin and nothing has done anything. My pain is mild and off and on. The doc looked up my nose and said looks like allergies and gave me steroid spray. But while on google I think I have sphenoid sinusitis. I have neck and head pain but I think that could be caused by tension headaches by anxiety. I have sinus pain but not too much congestion and only in one side. Does this sound like sphenoid sinusits and is it really that dangerous!?!?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey shane....It is said that if you have pain from frontal to back of your head then it might be sphenoid sinusitis...but it is difficult to distinguish...you should not worry...And yes amoxicillin doesn't do anything as I am having this issue for a year now....One thing which helped me is medicated sinus rinse...where you don't have systemic side effects of antibiotics and the powdered medication include antibiotics, antifungals ,steroids and mucolytics...I did it everyday and helped me a lot....so don't get anxious another thing helped me is whenever i sleep i used to listen to binaural music of sinus healing and when I wake up i usually feel like my sinusitis has significantly reduced...hope this helpsbiggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.