Sphincterectomy

Posted , 3 users are following.

anyone had this operation with a positive outcome?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I've had two of these. first one failed because the crs did a conservative cut. 2nd time was done by another CRS and it was successful.

first week post op is rough. surgery pain peaks on the third day but eventually calms down.

it took 6-7 weeks for my fissure to completely heal.

• Posted

I had one November 20, 2019. The fist week after was very painful. BUT the pain meds helped and today I am so much better. Thing is I am still on Milk of Magnesia 30ML and 3 Colace every night, BM's not near normal size and I go a lot but so much better. I also had a Sentinel skin tag removed and still have an exterior Hemorrhoid that has shrunk.

I also get burning if I have a BM and don't get it all wiped. I must have nooks and crannies. It looks like the toilet paper is clean but a few minutes later I am burning. So I have to take a warm washcloth and clean up. It must not all come out...Anyone else have this problem?

I was so afraid I would end up with a catheter bag but had a great surgeon an didn't. It is so nice to be able to sit without excruciating pain. Things you take for granted.

• Posted

Forgot to mention my fissure is almost healed. In just have to remember to

breath properly and not strain when I have a BM.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.