spinal cord stimulator removal

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi every one who has followed my blogs today this morning i saw the consultan about my broken scs and he umed and arred on weather to remove or repair so i said id had enough of faild ops and proceedurse and that i wanted the scs removed finaly he said yes but it would be next year sad but got a phone call this arfternoon from the hospital and much to my supprise the scs removal has been sceduled for next teusday the 09.12.14 im so happysmilesmilesmile perhapes i can now get on with my life and control my own pain management will keep every one updated how it goes thanks to everyone for there imput graham

2 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi every one day4 post scs removal and so far no extra probs from the removal except sore ness which is to be exspecteed thanks for evryones support all the best graham
    • Posted

Hi Graham,that's good news.Plenty of rest and hopefully you'll feel less sore soon😊
    • Posted

Hi Graham.Hubby is ok.The fact that he had to finish work has helped.Not sitting at a computer all day makes a difference.Asked about paddle leads,they are not an option on the Nevro Senza implant.Waiting to have pre op tests etc.Expecting trial about Feb/Mar next year.I still have my doubts but hubby is in a great pain and wants to try it.Who am I to stop him?I am sure you'll feel a bit better every day.Lets hope they can find another way to help you manage your pain.all the best
    • Posted

thanks beverley ive decided to try mind over matter and try to biuld up muscle in my lower back to see if that works along with posative thinking holp all goes well with your husband anything is worth a try even if the odds are 50/50 allthe best graham   ps let me know how you both get on
    • Posted

That's fab. Hope it continues to heal without problems. Best wishes
    • Posted

Can I ask, what exercises have they said will help build muscle in the lower back?
    • Posted

hi emmb this prob wont work for you because of your spinal injury but its worth a try it a passive mini cycle basicley it a set of peddles like a bike but on a small machine that you sit at in your chair  and has a motor which turns and moves the peddles with your feet on it without any effort from the usser you can get one from argos around £99.00 you can also put it on a table and use it for your arms all the best hope this helps graham
    • Posted

hi everyone day 9 post scs removal sutchers came out today healing well felling less sore day  by day will let you all know my progress in the comeing weeks wishing everyone a merry xmas and a very happy new year and thanks for all your support over the last few months graham
    • Posted

Hi Graham,you must be feeling a bit better with those pesky stitches out!Let s know how you go on.Merry Xmas &Happy New Year to you as well.let's hope 2015 brings you some relief.Bev
    • Posted

Hi

so sorry for the delay in replying! My inbox has got swamped by all the Xmas offer emails and other post xmas and I am trying to trog my way through those that actually matter thus the delay in seeing your message.

yes you're right, a peddle exerciser would not work on me as complete sci and paralysed lower chest down.

Anyway, I hope you are feeling much better now post removal and that the pain you were trying to overcome has not got worse.

all the best

• Posted

hi emmb happy new year the peddle exerciser is a passive one which it means theres no input from the user the motor does all the work and you can use it on the table for your arms its called a reviber mini peddle exersise bike you can get them from argos at around £99.00 hope this helps all the best graham
  • Posted

Hi I am wanting mypaddles and battery out after 6 months. Have you removed it yet. Curious to know your pain and recovery experience. Do they have to totally put you to sleep like the implant. Very nervous. I itch and it has pain around the battery site. Not really helping me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.