Spinal Cord Stimulator what to expect

Posted , 12 users are following.

I have had a trial for a Nevro Senza SCS due to chronic pain resulting from failed back surgery. The trial was really successful so now I am waiting for a date for permanent implant. I would like to know your experiences of the procedure, was it done as a day case?  how soon did you return to work. And anything else you think may be helpful I will be having it done at either Wharfedale hospital or St James Leeds

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My insurance will cover 85%... the rest is out of pocket
  • Posted

Dear Jan 33862, How are you doing a year later with your Nevro?

• Posted

Jane, I've recently had a Nervo-Senza HF10 implant. I'm at 5 weeks post surgery. It was done on an outpaitent basis, took about 5 hours and was very successful, I was able to drive after 3 weeks. I'm retired but still do various jobs like gardening, home improvements, light construction, and yard work. The 8 weeks for full recovery is pretty accurate from what I can tell so far, and perhaps a litlle longer for any physical reconditioning an moderate lifting requirements. I had responded to khi's inquiry and provided a link that was helpful with my decision to move forward. If you have had yours done already, I hope it was as successful as mine has been. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Trl, 

I just started my Nevro trial Monday. Had a neck fusion then one day after my lower back and left side bottom, hip and leg have kept me in so much pain that a few fusions and 4 years later, my last hope seems to be the Nevro. I've had it in for four days and it's only helped a little in my lower back but none on hip or leg. The Rep has kept me on program 1 and not tried the other two yet. I'm feeling really discouraged and had very high hopes this would help me. Do you remember in your trial which program worked best? I'm kind of feeling program 1 is supposed to work the best but I'd love to be wrong. Anyone else out there have better success with program 2 or 3? I'm trying to remain positive but really feeling bummed right now. Would appreciate any good news! Thank you

• Posted

My friend had a spinal cord stimulator implants about 4 years ago.  She hated it from the beginning.  She said it never helped her and eventually shut it off. She had the battery removed about a year later.  
  • Posted

Hi Jane

Had the permanent one implanted about 7 weeks ago   I hardly  had any pain.

procedure about an hr.

We didnt get to increase the stimulation my pain is down some what. Next week

I have a meeting with the dr and tech from Nevro.

Right now most of my pain is at night, can't sleep, the breakthrew meds don't

really work.

Only down fall of this machine is the charging,every other day for 40mins to an hr

Wish the chould speed it up or make a longer lasting battery.

It's better than living in pain

• Posted

I'm on my 2nd day of the Hf10 stimulater. Can anyone give me some encouraging words or advice

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.