Spinal disc decompression for central disc bulge in L5/S1

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

I have been experiencing the lower back pain which is local from last 5 years. My MRI reports says that there is a central disc bulge at l5/s1. Where outer annulus tear is intact.

I have seen a chiropractor who has recommended spinal disc decompress sessions on Hill DT.

As per the doctor, it will relocate the disc back to its normal position and make the disc healthier as before.

Just would like to know if someone has gone for the similar treatment for the similar problem. If yes kindly share your experience.

Thanks, Deepak

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have done the decompression about 10 times. I did not notice anything, but the people doing it, I do not think were setting it on the correct settings, they were trying different things, so if your chiro thinks it will help, its worth a try with him, but ask him how long he thinks the results will take to show up. you dont want to just keep spending money if no good results after a month or two I think.  I hope it works for you!
    • Posted

Thanks Joanespo, I too hope so.

They say it's a new technology with 90% success rate.

I will ask her about the duration of the treatment and but they prefer to take another MRI after 9 months.

• Posted

Hi Deepak

I had a friend of mine that she recommended it for me based on her father in law experience.she stated that her father in law had a very bad pain with buldging and that he felt a relief after.

The point here id the practice that they will put u through u might get a relief but is it is a resl relief or it is kind of buldging portion is actually going back.

So if i were u i would ask specific on the result outcome measure by doind another mri and compare the buldging level difference before and after.

Best wishes

• Posted

Hi shereen,

Thanks ! As per the Chiro I can take another MRI after 9 months to see the results.

Not sure but I have no option left.

• Posted

Yes I have had decompression in england didn't work from day 1

I had no insurance and in order to be pass the waiting list paid 7 thousand plus pounds. Now 6 years down the line I have l4\5 l3/4 and l5/s1

I did not want to wait either as I couldn't walk

But different people react differently so may be it was just bad luck

• Posted

Hi Enna,

This is a non surgical spinal disc decompression on Hill DT.

• Posted

I have just realized what your decompression means and my decompression. My decompression is the taking off of bone spurs under an aesthetic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.